Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

February 12, 2012

"Deception" by Lee Nichols

Title: Deception
Author: Lee Nichols
Publication: 2010, Bloomsbury

Summary: When Emma Vaile's parents leave on mysterious business trip, it gives her the perfect excuse to be a rebellious teen. Throw some parties, get a tattoo (or maybe just a piercing), and enjoy the first few weeks of her junior year. Then her best friend stops talking to her, the cops crash her party, and Emma finds herself in the hands of a new guardian ...read more

Review:  Despite a somewhat unpromising beginning and a slightly awkward attempt at "teen language", "Deception" soon unfolds into an addicting, juicy, and highly-entertaining read that ultimately calls for rereads and the craving for a sequel. With school-life, romance, and supernatural rolled into one satisfying book, the first of the "Haunting Emma" series would keep you hooked for a seemingly perfectly-lengthed-yet-not-enough experience. Do not be deceived by the cliche and overused ghost theme as Nichols spins up an impressively appealing world for her characters that you would find yourself eagerly following and swooning over. The characters are absolutely charming and develops nicely as well. There is much action and twists and turns with clever surprises tucked in here and there. Such a compelling read that ends with a half-frustrating, half-stunning cliff hanger end calls for the craving for a sequel, which by the way, does not disappoint either. (Sequel, see "Betrayal")


Rating: ✿✿✿✿ 4 Blossoms
Final Notes:  I seriously enjoyed this book and gulped it down in quick, hungry bites. I even purchased the sequel for myself shortly after.


リボン   Vivian

3 comments:

  1. Ok, so i read deception and betrayal and i thought is was good too, 'cept of the death part in deception ... no coby!!!!

    p.s.love your blog!
    --J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss Coby too, J~ <3
      Love ya! I'm currently holding Surrender, so I'll let you know how that one goes!

      Delete
  2. This one is a new read to me. I'm on the fence if I'd like it or night. It reminds me a touch of the Twilight Series, which I haven't read yet, nor do I think I'd be a huge fan of.

    ReplyDelete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!