Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

February 20, 2012

In My Mailbox ● #1

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme created by Kristi @ The Story Siren where you share your books haul, whether the books be bought, received for review, or from the library!

Hourray! My first IMM! Although today is a Monday, and I was originally hoping to make my IMM posts maybe biweekly on Saturdays, I was too excited to wait another week ^^; Maybe I'll make Monday a meme day for another meme, since Mondays sure are sluggish, it'd be a fun thing to cheer up the atmosphere!

"The Gathering" by Kelley Armstrong
White Pine Awards Reading Program 2012 Nomination
From School Library ; Goodreads

My second WP2012 book! I've already started on this one, but only recently checked it out at the end of the week. I have also read Kelley Armstrong's "The Summoning", and truth be told, I flat-out hated it. So yes, I was quite wary after, shockingly enough, realized this book had the same author. However, that'd be quite unfair to Ms. Armstrong, so I did my best to read this without bias... and I like it! So far, anyway.


"Guardian of the Gate" by Michelle Zink
From Public Library ; Goodreads

This is the second book to the "Prophecy of the Sisters" series. After enjoying the first book, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn't a stand-alone, haha! Of course, I should have known as the ending wasn't exactly conclusion-like... super, super excited to read this since my hold has finally arrived!!! Michelle Zink really did wonders to the reader's emotions with the first.



"Wicked Girls" by Stephanie Hemphill
From Public Library ; Goodreads

 I love my historical fiction, so the Salem Witch trials plot completely drew me to this one. Quite excited to read this one as well, though I'm saving it for after "Guardian of the Gate". I've actually never read a historical fiction novel based on the witch trials, so very curious about how this one's going to turn out. That doesn't mean I don't know my facts, though XD

13 comments:

  1. Looks like you got some really good books this week! I have never read anything by Kelley Armstrong, but I have always liked her covers. Sorry to hear The Summoning wasn’t good, but hopefully the Gathering will make up for it!
    I’ve never heard of the other two, but I hope you like them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 I'm very happy to say that The Gathering was pretty epic! Definitely changed my mind about the author, in a really good way ^^ and thank you for the support! I really appreciate it! :)

      Delete
  2. Great Books this week I haven't heard of Wicked Girls before but the cover is amazing and who doesn't love a novel based on the Salem Witch Trials!

    (New Follower)

    My IMM Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha, yes, it is a beautiful cover! *-* I'll definitely write up on it <3

      Delete
  3. Wow you have some really great books here! Looks like your libraries are well stocked :)I havent heard of any of these but all the covers are WONDERFUL!

    New Follower
    My Imm
    My giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support! <333
      Nyaa~ aren't we all sucked in by good covers once in a while? Haha <3

      Delete
  4. The Gathering is totally on my tbr list and I can't wait to start the Prophecy of the Sisters books!!! I want to live near your library lol :) Great haul! Enjoy!!!

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit

    TBD Affiliate Giveaway!

    Let's get to 600 Followers Int. Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee ^^ Aw, it's just that the hold system is pretty quick XD
      I do really recommend The Gathering <3 Thank you for the comment!

      Delete
  5. Awesome mailbox! The Gathering has been on my TBR list since forever LOL. Can't wait to read your review on it! Oh, and welcome to blogosphere! I'm still fairly new here too! :)

    I'm a new follower, love your blog design! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'll post a review soon ^^
      Omigod, welcome too! Thanks for your support <3

      Delete
  6. Looks like you've got some interesting books. I really enjoyed The Gathering, but then I'm a fan of Armstrong. Hope you liked it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul Vivian :) !!
    I really have to buy a copy of The Gathering especially as the second book in the series is coming out soon ..
    I also can't wait to start reading The Prophecy of the Sisters series !! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!