Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

February 25, 2012

In My Mailbox ● #2

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme created by Kristi @ The Story Siren where you share your books haul, whether the books be bought, received for review, or from the library!

My second IMM, as promised, on a Saturday! This week has been super great, I've read so many reviews and visited some really awesome community blogs as well. Also, thank you for all the lovely comments on my last IMM! This week's not much, besides another advancement in my White Pine reading, and another addition to my reading list from the public library.


"Beat the Band" by Don Calame
White Pine Awards Reading Program 2012 Nomination
From School Library ; Goodreads

Here's my next pick on my WP line-up. This one's supposed to be the sequel to Swim the Fly, which, last year, was the comic relief representative of White Pine 2011. I thought the first book was...decent...sure, "kamikaze curls" made me laugh-out-loud quite a bit, but overall, it was average. I'm expecting a bit of mild entertainment here, but I'm 99.9% sure it won't be containing anything that will make me consider my vote for it.

"13 to Life" by Shannon Delany
From Public Library ; Goodreads

OLD! Haha, yes, this series is already on it's 5th book...I think. but after seeing it sitting on the shelf, I decided to pick it up and give it a shot. Interesting cover, too. Yet another supernatural sort of book. Maybe I'll find another good series. Have any of you read this one? What did you think of it? I'd be happy to hear any opinions of it :)

12 comments:

  1. I've never heard of either of these books. Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kate! I was laughing very hard at Beat the Band! If you'd like a pick-me-up, this one's quite hilarious, though a bit...crude...?

      Delete
  2. I very recently heard of 13 to Life but don't know much about it! I can't wait to here your thoughts =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll hopefully post a review after reading ^_^

      Delete
  3. Hope you enjoy everything you got this week! You can check out my IMM at the link below :)

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Lea!
      Will check out the link :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't read the 13 to life series yet either! I'm excited to hear what you think of the first book and if you will continue with the other books in the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, I'm rather curious as well! I'll get back to you guys with a review, definitely!

      Delete
  5. I've been meaning to read 13 to life for a while now it sounds really good! Great haul!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have given you an award! The kreativ blogger award. Check it out http://angiesangelsrkids-furkids.blogspot.com/2012/02/kreativ-blogger-award-whoo-hoo.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thank you, Angie! That's very sweet of you!!

      Delete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!