Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

February 21, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday ● #1

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish where you share a top ten list!




Omigod, I love, love, LOVE lists! *o* This is one of my favourite memes to read about, and I'm super excited about my first Top Ten Tuesday XD

Of course, my first week for this meme will HAVE to be my absolute favourite books. The topic is Top Ten Books I'd Quickly Save If My House Was Going To Be Abducted By Aliens (or some sort of natural disaster). Hmmm....-ponders- This isn't going to be easy =_=

VIVI'S TOP TEN to SAVE FROM a TSUNAMI
  1. The Life and Death of Chopin by Kazimierz Wierzyski (I weeped, WEEPED after this one, going "Noooo!!! Chopin!!! Don't diiiiiieeee~!!!")
  2. Black Beauty by Anna Sewell (has to be my favourite childhood classic. hands down.)
  3. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery (I love this one to death as well. Actually, I'll take my whole collection box.)
  4. The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale (I will NOT leave my Shannon Hale books!)
  5. Harry Potter & The Philosopher's Stone by J.K.Rowling (nor this one. modern classic.)
  6. Princess Academy by Shannon Hale (yes..another Shannon Hale one...)
  7. Sphinx's Queen by Esther Friesnar (when you need to read about a courageous female lead. gorgeous diction and incredibly inspiring)
  8. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden (I love this one too... absolutely beautiful)
  9. Little Women by L.M. Alcott (some of the best life lessons ever. maybe second when compared to dear Anne Shirley-turned-Blythe, but close...)
  10. Halo by Alexandra Adornetto (a modern touch from Heaven itself. I'm really in love with this one...more than most people XD)
 Phew~ There! I'm quite happy with this list, though honestly, I'd save all my Shannon Hale books if I could, and there are many more classics that I'd definitely want to haul too, but I like this balance ^^ How did you find my list? Were there any you could relate to?

❤ Vivian

2 comments:

  1. Great list! I seriously need to read Memoirs of a Geisha. I loved the movie sooo much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3
      Oh, definitely read it! I loved the movie as well, but I can assure you there are moments of pure beauty that the movie did not come close to conveying -wry smile-

      Delete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!