Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

March 10, 2012

Awards for Vivi! Thank you!

Today, March 10th, is my first one-month anniversary for book-blogging! Haha, a pretty small feat., really, but nonetheless quite memorable for me because as I look back, I've made so many new friends and encountered many wonderful blogs and authors and of course, books!

To all my blog-friends who take the time to comment on my reviews and other posts, thank you! To all those kind people who generously followed me, thank you too! I do not take one follower for granted, although I do hope you'll all understand that I'm not blogging just for followers. I really love reading and writing quality, honest-opinion reviews, which is why I've decided to keep this blog alive. It is through that mutual love for books and reviewing that I hope my readers will feel a connection with me and my little blog.

From late February to March, I've also received 2 lovely awards! Thank you to the super nice Angie at Angels are Kids and Furkids for the Kreativ Blogger Award and also to dear Mel from Life of a bookworm for the One Lovely Blog Award! Do give them a visit! :)

I'm going to be doing some combining. Sadly, I don't know 7+15=22 blogs to pass these lovely awards on, so I will just pass BOTH these awards to 7 of my favourite blogs! Also, due to the fact that I recently did a tag, and answering so many more questions would most definitely bore all of you, I will answer 5 questions, and add 5 random facts about myself ^_^

Thank you, Mel!!!

One Lovely Blog Award - Rules
1. link back to the person that sent the award. 
2. Follow the person that sent the award to you. 
3. Pass along to 15 Lovely blogs.
Thank you, Angie!

Kreativ Blogger Award - Rules
1. Thank & link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Answer the form questions below.
3. Share ten random facts / thoughts about yourself.
4. Nominate (at least) 7 other blogs for the Kreativ Blogger Award.





For BOTH these lovely awards, I nominate ~


My answers and facts after the jump >


Question Time!

1. Favourite Song? Currently, it is "Dance with the Devil", by Breaking Benjamin!

2.  Favourite Dessert? Oh my goodness, caramel cheesecake!

3. What ticks you off? Inconsiderate people on the subway! 

4. Biggest Fear? Spiders, or anything with more than 6 legs, really, have always creeped me out! I really can't think of anything else.

5. Everyday Attitude? I give my best effort, because that is what the day deserves. Try to be confident, but also humble and modest. And always, always, put myself in someone's shoes before judging because that often changes everything.

5 Random Facts About Vivi

1. Since I was born in China and only moved to Canada when I was 5, my first books read in English (and they were my favourites) were these dictionary-like books of Sesame Street! It was this A-Z collection, and I. loved. it.

2. I'm an anime-lover. I haven't watched an anime in quite a while, but nonetheless, I enjoy a good anime, I edit anime music videos in my spare time, and sing covers of anime songs. My favourites include Cardcaptor Sakura, Skip Beat!, Kimi ni Todoke, CLANNAD, and Tokyo Mew Mew. 

3. Upon writing a book review, I never, NEVER allow myself to use a thesaurus. I use a dictionary only to double-check meanings of a word that I'm using. I don't use thesaurus's while writing because I don't consider those newly attained words to be honest words from me myself. It denotes the honesty value of my review, in my opinion.

4. My favourite animal is the horse. Oh, how I wish to have been able to take riding lessons!

5. I've been playing the piano for 12 years, and my relationship with Mr. Piano is an intensely close one.

Thanks for reading my blog, everyone!

Vivian 


 

15 comments:

  1. It was nice to find out some facts about you. I have a friend who is big on anime. I don't know who Breaking Benjamin is so I will have to check them out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, glad you enjoyed the facts!
      Breaking Benjamin's an older rock band :)
      Although I don't listen to much rock, their music is pretty good!

      Delete
  2. Hi Vivian. Since you read my review of Banned for Life, I thought you might want to know that I just got the ok to host a giveaway of the novel. Head over to my blog for all of the details. Thanks again for your support.
    -Ethan
    http://e135-abookaweek.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, you are such a doll, Vivian! <3 :')

    I love that you don't use a thesaurus when you write your reviews -- I never do either! Sometimes I read other people's reviews and they sound so complex and intense and well-written that I look over my own mediocre reviews and feel a little ashamed LOL x) But you have that spot on! I feel like just writing it in my own words with my own thoughts makes it that much more honest, too. :)

    It was really nice to find out more about you, Vivian! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thank you so much!! You are SO Sweet :D

    Ohmygosh When I read question #2 I read "desert" I'm like "I only know of the sahara. LOL. I completely agree with putting yourself in others shoes. If they have a bad day, so what? I do too! Ohh anime, I personally don't like manga but movies like "Spirited Away" I LOVE! I am very jealous with your relationship with Mr. Piano... So very very jealous :P

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOOOL, that would have been funny! My favourite "desert" is caramel cheesecake ;) You're very welcome, Lauren <3

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much Vivian!

    Looks like we have a lot more than just our love for books in common :). I moved to America from China when I was 4 and took piano lessons for 10 years :). Come visit me in the U.S. sometime, I'll take you horseback riding :D haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Happy monthversary!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Annie! Haha!! I'd LOVE that!

      Delete
  6. First of all, congratulations on your monthsary! (That's what we call it over here, haha! Ah, how couples celebrate their being together.) Considering how you just started your blog, it's amazing how you've already met so many new people, written tons of great posts, and received awards. Cheers—here's to many more to come, for both things! :)

    And also... Thank you so, so much for the awards! I'm so honored that you consider my blog one of your favorites. :") I love yours, too—I wonder if it's permissible for people to tag their taggers back. Haha! But I'll be posting about this soon. Again, thank you!

    Can I just say: You sound like a great person. You seem very positive, and I like that! Hello from a fellow Asian who grew up on Sesame Street (and Barney, eep!), by the way. And anime used to be my guilty pleasure! (CCS! Tomoyo's my favorite. And I know I was addicted to TMM for a while, too!)

    Last, well, I love how you've been playing the piano for such a long time. It explains your comment on my IMM! I love it. :) I used to play the piano but I stopped in high school... I do regret stopping now, really, so I'm glad you love it as much as you do.

    I hope you'll have an amazing week, Vivi! Thank you for helping start mine off on a good note. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that's the term, thank you! Wow, I loved Tomoyo as well!! ^_^ Glad you thought that, I'm very pleased you did <3 You're very welcome too!

      Delete
  7. Thank You :D

    I like anime too:) Beside Tokyo Mew Mew i love Inuyasha :)

    I will do a post on this ASAP (but don't expect it too soon ;;)

    Rallu @ The Daydreamer's Book Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was nice to read more about you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much Vivian! You are the sweetest! =D I enjoy getting comments from you!

    Its great that you like anime and are proud to show it! I lived in Japan and was a secret manga-holic because it was one of the only things I could read, I didn't know very many kanji. One of my favorites was Skip Beat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SKIP BEAT!!! oh joy! <3
      I totally relate! That's so awesome, I really wish to visit Japan someday! And you're very welcome, Emily!

      Delete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!