Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

March 9, 2012

"Circle of Fire" by Michelle Zink

This review is not even close to all that I really want to say about this final book in the Prophecy of the Sisters trilogy. The impact of this finale is just so overwhelming and tear-inducing, I am at a loss of further words to say for it. I apologize to Michelle for not being able to conjure up a more original review, but this was by far the hardest review for a book I have ever written.

♪ Listening to Soundtracks from here. I am perfectly in sync with the tracklist's musical taste.

Title: Circle of Fire (Prophecy of the Sisters #3 - Final)
Author: Michelle Zink
Publication: 2011, Little Brown

Summary: With time dwindling but her will to end the Prophecy stronger than ever, Lia sets out on a journey to find the remaining keys, locate the missing pages of the Prophecy, and convince her sister Alice to help--or risk her life trying. Lia has her beloved Dimitri by her side, but Alice has James, the man who once loved her sister--and maybe still does. James doesn't know the truth about either sister, or the prophecy that divides them. And Alice intends to keep it that way. There are some secrets sisters aren't meant to share. Because when they do, it destroys them. This stunning conclusion to Michelle Zink's Prophecy of the Sisters trilogy will make saying good-bye bittersweet for readers. ...Goodreads

Review: As the stunning and triumphant peak of this compelling and addicting trilogy's triumphant finale, this book engulfed me in its flames. Lia and fellow characters grow, heightened to unimaginably complex and beautifully created levels. From dark depths of nightmares to fascinating adventures of the day and still to rich and exquisitely woven mysteries of the prophecy, "Circle of Fire" touches upon nuances from cold, earthy soil to whirling, diaphanous clouds in the eternal sky. Everything about this book, from the elegant yet strong-willed prose of Michelle Zink, to the heart-warming (or chilling) interactions between the characters, was absolutely perfectThe pacing was a tense yet fully delightful climb to a breath-taking climax, and this time, Ms. Zink draws the stage curtain close for the final time. With all ends skillfully and satisfyingly tied, the emotionally provoking conclusion of this powerful story will deeply touch the hearts of all readers.

I, for one, could not have wished for a better ending.

Rating: ✿✿✿✿ 4.5 Blossoms
Final Notes: . . . . I'm completely out of what to say. In a good way, of course, Michelle has completely paralyzed me with this mesmerizing final book. I cannot even bring myself to read another book, even after I've finished reading this yesterday. All through this finale, I was hanging onto each and every word, grasping on with all my might, and when I reached the end, it was the most beautifully drawn conclusion of a YA book I have ever read. And I can say that quite confidently, accompanied by my tissue box here.

Yes, I guess if you do analyze the end, it isn't the most original, but the way it was written made it just perfect. It was so....right, that after reading it, there's no other good ending that you'd want. I must say, however, that this trilogy as a whole is an incredibly successful and amazing one. The build, not just in this last book alone, but also in all 3 books, was expertly done, and due to that, the final impact was just so immense. I loved it.

Read another awesome review on this book by my friend Mel HERE!!!


Vivian 

15 comments:

  1. Sounds really good. Is the sisterhood the relationship which holds the most tension throughout the trilogy? That would be interesting - I like to see focus put on and good development of non-romantic relationships; that always seems to churn out more originality.

    Thanks for stopping by my shelf candy, here's my reply :)

    Annie in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it really is the main thread (although not that obviously) that holds the trilogy together. You're very right about strong developments in non-romantic relationships, Annie. The author thought so as well when she was writing the trilogy, especially since romance was not a big factor in the first book, but it grew because it was a strong component of the protagonist's development.

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you agree, Vivi :). And I like it when romance isn't huge in the first book - it gives the characters the time to gradually grow into a realistic romance rather than all that inta-love stuff, hehe.

      You made the leaderboard for my giveaway, congrats!

      Delete
  2. I'm going to start this one today, if I have the time. It sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't let you down, Mel <3

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed the last book! I didn't know about this series, but it sounds like I miss something. I'll check the other books I think. I'm always afraid for the end, It's a good news you liked it. Thanks for this great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! Hope you check them out!

      Delete
  4. This series sounds so awesome !! I'm glad you enjoyed the last book that much Vivian :) !! I'm definitely adding the first book in the series to my wishlist !! Thanks for the fabulous review ..
    I'm a new follower of your blog, thank you so much for stopping by mine !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Elodie! Glad I convinced you ^_~

      Delete
  5. Disclaimer: I didn't read the review because I didn't know if it had spoilers BUT the cover and your rating convinced me to look into this series! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I did, Lauren :)
      I promise you that all my reviews are absolutely SPOILER FREE~!! <3

      Delete
  6. I've only read the first book, but your review has inspired me to pick up the second and third book and put them on the top of my tbr shelf. Thanks Vivian!

    Bookwormmia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, you're so very welcome, Jenny, and I'm glad my review did that! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did! ^_^

      Delete
  7. Yeah, I've posted my review. Shall we exchange links again? ^^

    ReplyDelete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!