Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

March 3, 2012

"Guardian of the Gate" by Michelle Zink

The second book in the stunningly well written Prophecy of the Sisters series! I absolutely loved this one, if not more than the first, actually!

Title: Guardian of the Gate (Prophecy of the Sisters #2)
Author: Michelle Zink
Publication: 2010, Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

Summary: The ultimate battle between sisters is nearing, and its outcome could have catastrophic consequences. As 16-year-old Lia Milthorpe searches for a way to end the prophecy, her twin sister Alice hones the skills she'll need to defeat Lia. ...Goodreads


Review: The chilling and mesmerizing tale of the Prophecy rages on, this time even more deliciously compelling and dangerous than before. Ms. Zink spins gorgeous and vehement scenes with her fervent yet beautifully sophisticated diction. Readers are lured to a much more contiguous level to Zink's stoic and admirable protagonist, as well as many other carefully characterized players. As one is swept off on this captivating journey, Zink expertly propels the plot into tempestuous regions that are absolutely breath-taking in the darkness and depth of the nuances. Many a shocking surprise is planted in this restlessly moving sequel and readers will find them to be perfectly and satisfyingly unexpected. As the tumult of a brilliantly drawn out voyage thunders on, the characters develop complex and close relationships with each other, bringing yet another tasteful tier to this stunning piece of work. Much like the preceding book in this exquisitely written series, the pace quickens near the end, and once more, Zink cuts the rope at yet another unbearable moment, although still with unfaltering poise for a nice, conclusive feel.


Rating: ✿✿✿✿ 4 Blossoms
Final Notes: I loved love loved loved this one! I fell in love with all the characters and they were truly brilliant! This one has much more of a heated plot line, and it is fascinating, the scenes that it conjures up in the readers' minds! Already awaiting the arrival of "Circle of Fire". 

Read Mel's awesome review on this epic second installment here!  

Vivian  

14 comments:

  1. Great review! Sounds like a good series :) And thanks for being my 100th follower xD Your blog is nice :) Im gonna follow it by email so I can see more of your posts :)

    Bri @ Kindling the Fire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bri! If you like supernatural, in a style of sophisticated diction, you'll love this series! Haha, you're very welcome, and thanks for reading <3

      Delete
  2. I loved this book too! <3 I like it so much better than the first one, which I thought was sort of like an introduction, and I fell absolutely in love with Dimitri! :) And I love how you described the ending because that's exactly how it felt to me too!

    Awesome review, Vivian! I haven't read the last book either, but now we can both be excited for something together! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mimi! Thanks for dropping by and reading this little review :)
      I'm glad there's someone else really loving this series as well! Totally get that swooning-over-Dimitri feeling, haha!
      If you do read the last book, I'll look forward to your review of it!

      Delete
  3. Nice review of this book. Sounds like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It certainly was a great read :)

      Delete
  4. Wonderful review!!! I'm dying to read this one now :)
    P.s. I think your blog is awesome +New Follower.

    -Kimberly @ www.turningthepagesx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it, Kimberly!
      Thanks for reading and for following!
      I RTF-ed through Linky :)

      Delete
  5. I have to get started on this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have a thing for sophisticated and compelling diction like moi, then I think you'll enjoy it very much ;)

      Delete
  6. Oeh, that sounds so promising! Can't wait to continue my read :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. looking forward to your review of it, Mel ^_^

      Delete
  7. I still haven't read anything by Michelle Zink, but I want to pick up this series at some point because of all the great things I've heard about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely should :)
      Thanks for dropping by, Ashley!

      Delete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!