Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

March 2, 2012

In My Mailbox ● #3

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme created by Kristi @ The Story Siren where you share your books haul, whether the books be bought, received for review, or from the library!

Now, my IMM's on a Friday.. oh dear, not very consistent here, Vivian...
Anyhow, HAPPY FRIDAY, EVERYONE! Hope you all had a good week, and it is officially March!
I am participating in Shelf Candy Saturdays from this week on, which is why I pushed my IMM forward one day.  This week has been slow, but I still grabbed a couple of good reads to add to my growing line-up.

"Another Pan" by Daniel & Dina Nayeri
From Public Library; Goodreads

The next book in the wonderfully clever and witty "Another" series by brother-and-sister team Nayeri! I'm looking forward to this supposed, different interpretation of Peter Pan and am really excited to see what the authors have come up with this time! Have you guys read "Another Faust"? How did you like it? You can drop by my review of it here!



"Clockwork Angel" by Cassandra Clare
From Public Library; Goodreads

Unfortunately, I have not read The Mortal Instruments series, but I can see from many reviews all over the place that it is a very enjoyable series. I remember reading a raving review on The Infernal Devices, something also about how the readers enjoyed it more than The Mortal Instruments... Hmmm...

Anyhow, stunning cover, I was SO excited after spotting this on the shelf because I've been wanting to read something by this author in quite a while now! Anyone a fan of this series?

"Something Wicked" by Lesley Anne Cowan
White Pine Awards Reading Program 2012 Nomination
From School Library; Goodreads

My next White Pine book! I'm trying to remember why this author's name seems SO familiar...no apparent reason yet. This one is a bit of a wild card in the selection, with much discussion of teen issues like sex and drug abuse, etc. Mildly curious.




Well, this was a super early Mailbox, but since this week is coming to a close, here's Vivi's haul for the following week! And next week's March Break too!! Eeeeeehh!! Have you read any of these books? If you did, I'd love to hear what you thought of them!!! Feel free to link me to your IMM when you have one posted, and I'll give it a visit!

Vivian

12 comments:

  1. Another Pan looks AWESOME! Something Wicked has an interesting cover :) I hope you enjoy your reads!
    Here is a surprise for you: Tag, You’re it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Oh my gosh, my mouth literally dropped to see that!
      Thanks for the Friday surprise! It was a very pleasant surprise indeed! ^_^

      Delete
  2. Another Pan has a really nice cover, but I never saw Peter Pan as a bad boy, haha! Tell me what you think of it, anyway. I haven't seen it around at all!

    Now, I have read Clockwork Angel, as well as its sequel, and I really like them. Then again, you probably know by now that I love historical fiction and fantasy! :) Well, I don't want to influence you or anything, but I think that The Infernal Devices is written much better than The Mortal Instruments, with more well-rounded characters and a plot line that I find tons more interesting. I can't wait to read your review! I hope you'll enjoy it!

    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no, not at all! Thanks for your opinion! I've heard that around quite a lot, and I believe your thought! Thanks for the comment, and have a nice weekend too!

      Delete
  3. Great haul! I still have to read Clockwork Angel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oehh, nice, I'm looking forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peter Pan is my favorite fairytale! I bet that book would be fantastic!! I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it!
    Clockwork Angel is a great book, Cassie Clare can do no wrong in my opinion so I really hope you love it as much as I do!

    Darlene @ Leather Bound and Lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited about that one too, especially after Another Faust! Really? Looking forward to that!

      Delete
  6. I haven't read The Mortal Instruments series, but I have read Clockwork Angel and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope you do to! I really need to get myself a copy of Clockwork Prince :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love The Infernal Devices series, I actually like it more then The Mortal Instruments series. I hope you enjoy =) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em! Aha! It was probably from you that I first remember getting that opinion! I'm really excited to read it!

      Delete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!