Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

March 3, 2012

Saturday Shelf Candy ● #1

Saturday Shelf Candy is a weekly meme hosted by Steph @ Five Alarm Book Reviews. It features a favourite book cover that is worth mentioning and showcasing!


My first SSC post! Goodness, I've been over-blogging about this certain book. (I can imagine my friend Stephanie here rolling her eyes, haha!) but yes. Here is "Halo", by Alexandra Adornetto. Again.

The reason why I chose this cover for my very first SSC is...well...it's just plain gorgeous. There is really nothing else that I can say besides the fact that it is a rare cover that had me stunned and gaping in admiration at it for a very long time! From the beautiful ray of light to Bethany's angel wings, to the handsome profile of Xavier, AHH!! It's a simple cover. Yet it is so heart-warming in its simplicity so really, the impact is quite huge on me. -blush-


And of course, on the back side of my bought copy, are the credits to this beautiful and oh-so-romantic cover!

Cover illustration (c) 2010 by Nico Jonker
Cover design by Rich Deas

Mr. Jonker is an amazing freelance illustrator, and CG artist! You can visit his site here! His works are stunning, though Halo is still my personal favourite, haha!

Rich Deas is actually a design studio! Here's the site!

What do you guys think of the cover of "Halo"? Anyone else read it? This book is seriously over-exposed on my blog; you can find "Halo" featured in the following posts:

"Halo" by Alexandra Adornetto - The Book Review
"Halo" by Alexandra Adornetto - Top Ten Tuesday

Vivian

8 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for stopping by. You may want to give The Thirteenth Sacrifice a try. It doesn't go into extremely graphic detail of the violence, but there is a lot of blood mentioned. Anyway, following back!

    Amber @ Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, there! I'm glad you're joining this fun meme/blog hop! Hope you enjoy it!

    This is a VERY beautiful cover, and I love it myself!! I bought this book some time ago, just because of the cover. Everything you've said about it is just exactly why I love it so much!!

    Thanks for sharing!! (BTW, I'm following you now!) : )

    Maria @ http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria! Thanks for visiting :)I followed you back!
      You bought it too? It's an awesome angels read. I really love the book itself as well

      Delete
  3. You have to blog what you love and this is a great choice. I love the lighting and the shape of the wings. They look so real. I actually have Rich Deas up for a feature later this year. Thank you so much for joining in with this great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look forward to that upcoming feature!
      This is a really fun meme, thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  4. this is a wonderful choice, the cover is fabulous. I love the play of sunlight against the darker shades. Welcome to shelf candy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it too :)
      Thanks for the welcome!

      Delete
  5. I really like this cover. I like that point of light between them.

    ReplyDelete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!