Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

June 22, 2012

"The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins

Thanks for all your warm welcomes!!! I'm still not done visiting everyone, so sorry if I haven't dropped by your blog yet! Anyhow, here's one of the first reviews I wrote after I announced my hiatus, and it's also the only one that held the honour of being posted on Facebook prior my return. Without further ado (I know I'm ridiculously late >_<), THE HUUUNNNGER GA~MES!!!


Title: The Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins
Publication: 2008, Scholastic Inc.

Summary: In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV...read more

Appetizer: "a breathlessly exhilarating ride...blunt but clever"
 
Review:

This book whisked me onto a breathlessly exhilarating ride without a brief moment of true rest! Addicting and highly entertaining, "The Hunger Games" stretched to a vast span of literal settings and themes, all meticulously tied to the vicious core of the Games.

Collins confidently lure out our imaginations as the blunt but clever writing sweeps dramatically to reveal a constant and mesmerizing show of scenes, each and every one feverishly brilliant in vividness. With a plot drawn out with effective pacing, readers are ensured a hooked and driven journey that maintains a satisfying amount of pages and well-coordinated action that guarantees the story to never grow stale. "

The Hunger Games" boasts an incredibly memorable cast as well; the characters each flicker and brighten in turn from the very start. They are skillfully and faithfully created and bring many touches of both sweet and tragic emotional stirring to the sharp sting of the ruthless massacre in the bare plotline.

With that additional yet fundamental puzzle piece, "The Hunger Games" has been successfully brought to life and will dazzle countless readers and result in the ignition of a fantastically captivating flame.

Rating: ✰✰✰✰ 4 Epic Hoots

Final Notes:  Thanks, Natasha, for lending me the books to read! If I had been waiting for that library hold to come around, I'd probably be waiting for another 3 years, haha! This book was just plain epic, and I'm sure almost every one of you would probably agree!

♡ Vivian
 

9 comments:

  1. I need to read this series, really! I only saw the movie but i'm curious to read the second one to know the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeeeeeej for the Hunger Games. I quite liked the first book, but the second one just blew me away! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your writing my dear and I cant believe you just finished your junior year!! Im a fossil compared to you and I wish I could write like you LOL!!

    Excellent review my dear ^_^ looking forward to read your thought on Catching Fire!! kyaaaaaaaaa!!!!

    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. -mouth drops open- you are NOT a fossil! but omg, that just made my day! and thank you, and no, really, I've read your reviews, Natalia, and they are in no way inferior, so be more confident in your writing! <3

      Delete
  4. WELCOME BACK VIVIAN!!! I was sooooo excited to see my email notification that you'd commented on my blog! It's great to have you back! I have missed your poetic writing style :). (BTW I would love to see you take up the pen and author something, if you do I MUST be one of the first reviewers, okay?)

    I definitely enjoyed the Hunger Games trilogy and am glad to see you do as well - that is a review that is sure to draw readers in! Just out of curiosity, since you didn't mention any negatives in your review - what could Collins have done differently to earn 5 stars from you?

    <3 Annie in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought the trilogy yesterday! I LOVED the movie and your review has made me even more eager to get started on reading The Hunger Games!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, new follower. Thank you for following my blog, Swoon Worthy Books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right that this book is addicting. Even if you don't like dystopias (as I don't), you can' help but get sucked into this story. I love the mixture of danger, romance, and theatre/clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read the Hunger Games not that long ago... and then I read the next two ;0) I have read a lot of reviews that say each Hunger Games get better, but for me personally, this one is far the best.

    regards,
    grace of Cute cowboy boots

    ReplyDelete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!