Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

June 23, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (#1)


I've been seeing this new meme EVERYWHERE! Okay, that kinda shows how much I've been missing out, haha! Well, since the idea of stacking up my bookshelf really catches my interest, Vivi shall give this a whirl too! And goodness, I've been doing some SERIOUS stacking lately. Actually, to spare you all the tedious long list that's supposed to become my rehab from those awful exams (Enriched Functions was killer.), I shall share my top 5 instead! ^_^ Any mutual reads?

Clockwork Angel 
by Cassandra Clare
Goodreads

I KEEP on putting this one off! Probably because it's more easily attainable as compared to some of the newer titles released that I'd be holding all the time. But I am not returning this one until I've actually read it this time. Really excited. Will start after I post this post. -determined-
Destiny and Deception
by Shannon Delany
Goodreads

I've made it so far in this series! Ahhh..I still remember reading the first book. Still utterly entertaining. Pietre is still smoking hot, with his ferocious Das and Nyets. Can't wait to read.
Spirit's Princess
by Esther Friesnar
Goodreads

Does the cover remind any of you of another series that I've reviewed? Yes~!!! Ms. Friesnar's back with an all new princess of myth to follow her brilliant Nefertiti! I actually just finished this book an hour ago, and it definitely did not disappoint. The poise and diction was utterly exquisite. Okay Vivi, shut it and save it for the review.
Untouchable
by Kate Brian
Goodreads

I've read this. I've read them all. I am currently re-reading every. single. book. in this ridiculously epic and awesome series. There is no describing how much I love Private. It was a series that I first timidly stepped into as a little Gr. 7 girl, and I grew up with it. Loved it back then, love it just as much now.
Once a Witch
by Carolyn MacCullough
Goodreads

I've never read any books by this author before... I got both this one as well as Always a Witch from the library. Love how the titles make up a sweet little saying together. I'll always love a good witch book~




And that's it for me! Really enjoyed reading through all your Stacking the Shelves, though seeing all those copies of Lies Beneath is really killing me. You lucky people >_<  Anyway, thanks for dropping by~

♡ Vivian

19 comments:

  1. Clockwork Angel... I know it oughto be good, because I am a fan of Cassandra Clare's, but I keep putting it off, too. I''m not so sure why, but it's kinda... not striking me right now. I guess once I start it, I can't stop and I'll love it, but... AHHH. Ok, you got me. We start this together after this comment, kay? *just as determined*
    My Haul this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul. I love the Infernal Devices series (just finished City of Souls and was less impressed, though it's still a good series).
    Happy reading, and thanks for visiting My StS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I'm really curious about Spirit's Princess! it sounds amazing! Enjoy!

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got Once a Witch this week, too, and Clockwork Angel is amazing! :) And seeing Lies Beneath everywhere's also killing me, too! I want soo many new releases! -.-

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard a lot about Clockwork Angel, I really want to pick it up. Also Once a Witch looks interesting

    Here is my weekly round up/book haul post
    Lauren from Northern Plunder

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy Clockwork Angel! It's one of my all-time favourite books. :) Once A Witch is a pretty entertaining read too. I hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't hold off on reading Clockwork Angel anymore!! Its an awesome read. I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got some awesome books. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I finally picked up Once a Withch on Amazon. I think it was because I want to read it for a witchy reading challenge. I hope you find it interesting. I've not yet read any of the books in the clockwork series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps Lies Beneath was up on Netgalley. That's where everyone got their review copies from most likely.

      Delete
    2. Oooh~ thanks for the tip, Gina!

      Delete
  10. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Great haul! Clockwork Angel is really good!

    I've tagged you in the Liebster Award . Hope you like it :)

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi thanks for visiting and following my new blog!! I loved Once A Witch by Carolyn MacCullough it was really cute, and I have the sequel on my e-reader just waiting for me to get around to it!! I haven't read any of the others yet though; and I'm definitely excited for Lies Beneath :)) Happy reading!!

    Laura @ The Little Pink Book Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vivian! So glad you are back to blogging and done with exams! I hope you did great on them BTW =)

    I really enjoyed both Clockwork Angel and Once Upon a Witch and think you will too. Happy Reading this week ^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, nice ones! Hope you enjoy them :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/06/stacking-shelves.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. GO READ CLOCKWORK ANGEL. That book is one of the many reasons why I love Cassandra Clare, and it all only gets even more amazing in Clockwork Prince! I think that I might actually like the Infernal Devices a bit more than the Mortal Instruments x) And Once a Witch was pretty sweet for a witch book -- I really want to know how you feel about it too! :)

    Awesome book stack this week, Vivi! I hope you enjoy them all! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard such fabulous things about Clockwork Angel!! I have a copy on my shelves, waiting to be read. I definitely need to get to that one soon. I'll definitely have to check out Spirit's Princess! It looks pretty great. =)

    Enjoy all those fabulous books, and welcome to Stacking the Shelves! It's a fantastic meme. =)

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh. My. Goodness. You definitely need to read Clockwork Angel super soon! It's such a good book! And there may (or may not be) a male character that seriously makes me swoon...
    I haven't been keeping up with the Private series, but it's definitely an amazing series!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh a fan of the Private series! I really like it it's my guilty pleasure books haha. I also have to read Clockwork Angel, still! Great haul!!

    ReplyDelete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!