Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

June 30, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (#2)

A whole WEEK's gone by already?! Oh my o_o. Well, anyhow, HAPPY CANADA DAY WEEKEND, EH! Doing anything special? I went strawberry picking today with my family! (random). I think I might revive my personal blog so I won't be boring you all with snippets of that stuff, haha! On to my shelf! New week, new haul!

"Grim" by Anna Waggener
Goodreads

Thanks to Natalia's awesome review, I picked this one up at the library yesterday!
The cover sure is grim enough, that's for sure. I can understand why when I held it online, there were 0 holds for this book in the YA section -sad face- (All the other books had at least a couple of holds each.) Anyhow, really looking forward to reading it, since it's not my usual read!!!



"The Iron Daughter" by Julie Kagawa
Goodreads

Yay! I'm on the second book! My classmate Judy (hi Judy! -waves) first insisted that I read this series since she really loved it. I quite enjoyed the first book. Review to come for that one. Anyway, also very excited to find out how the story is going to continue. How'd you guys like this one compared to the first?




"Confessions" by Kate Brian
Goodreads

Following up from last week. This one as well as "Inner Circle" are the only two that I don't think I've read yet. Since I started this series early, there was a gap where I didn't read it...so I may have skipped ahead. I'm actually very happy that there's still 2 books left for me to read, even though I'm technically re-reading the entire series ^_^ Go Reed!




Not a fancy haul this week, but link me up and I'll be happily hopping along! And if you have any thoughts on these, please leave me a comment as well ^_^
♡ Vivian

18 comments:

  1. Grim has an interesting cover. I love the Iron Fey series! Especially Puck! He is so hilarious and adorable. Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I meant to add yes I LOVE The Soul Sceamers series! You must read it and meet the deliciously hot and funny reaper Tod!

      Delete
    2. I've only read the first of the Soul Screamers novels so far, so I haven't chosen a team yet ;), but I thik the story can be interesting enough (I have no idea what to expect of the next installments...), but I'd recommend them, too!

      Delete
  2. I love the Iron Fey series! Definitely Team Ash for sure =D I also have seen Grim around but haven't read many reviews for it, I look forward to reading yours and deciding whether to get it from my library ^^

    Happy Reading!

    My Stacking The Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, about the Iron Fey series: Best. Series. EVER! :) READ THE IRON DAUGHTER NOW! Please? :) I'm doing a reread of The Iron King for like the sixth time now! :)

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great selection of books! Kate Brian's books are always a guilty pleasure read for me. I have just got into the Private Series, but cant wait to read the rest of them plus the spin offs.
    My STS
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. WAH, I totally missed that Grim got released! I so want this! But I don't have the money right now, anyway... T.T I'm looking forward to your review for that one, hope you'll like it.
    My Haul this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the iron daughter, I hope it will be the same for you. I didn't know the others but I hope you'll enjoy them all. happy reading!

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi vivian, I have still to read the Iron fey series :D lovely blog **New Follower via GFC**

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still need to read The Iron Fey and after reading 'The immortal rules' I can't wait to dive into her books. That book is amazing! *hint*

    Happy reading Vivian! ^^
    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/07/showcase-sunday-6-netgalley.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grim looks really interesting. I never heard of it before. I'm going to have to check it out. And I really liked the Iron Fey. I haven't had a chance to read the last one or the novellas but I hear it's good too.

    Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to read The Iron Fey! It looks really great, and I've been meaning to for such a long time now! My friends have started to drop hints that I should read it. ;)

    Happy reading, Vivian! <3

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great books this week! I am in love with Julie Kagawa's writing

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Iron Daughter is part of a great series. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun books this week! Grim keeps coming on and off my radar. I'm interested to hear what you think of it.

    I hope you enjoy the rest of the Iron Fey series! I didn't like the second book as much as the first, but I ADORED the third book. Still haven't gotten around to the fourth—my TBR is too big :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. GASP! The Private series! I always thought that series would be super cheesy and badly written, but then my friend made me read it and it was AMAZING.
    btw hope you're enjoying the Iron Fey series! Gosh I love the boys that Julie Kagawa creates...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, I'm looking forward to GRIM as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely haul, Vivian! <3 I'm curious to hear what you think of Grim. I think the cover is pretty cool! The girl are like statues, but their posture is anything but statue-esque LOL! x) The Iron Daughter is much better than the first book in my opinion! I hope you'll enjoy it! The Private series sounds amazing, I need to read the first book someday hehe! x)

    Happy reading, Vivi! <3

    ReplyDelete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!