Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

July 6, 2012

Feature & Follow ● #3

Feature & Follow is a Friday meme created and hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read!

This Week's Question:: Jumping genres - Ever pick up a book from a genre you usually don't like and LOVE it? Tell us about it and why you picked it up in the first place.

Oh, this is actually quite hard. This isn't going to be exactly a "genre", but I don't usually consciously pick up books with entirely or mostly futuristic settings with dabs of sci-fi, if you will. I would always go for the Victorian setting or historical fiction, etc. Some occasional instances where I give in to these books would be like for...

"Cinder" by Marissa Meyer - loved the synopsis and was really interested.
"The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins - heard how epicly good it was from every other person I met.
"Academy 7" by Anne Osterlund - had NO idea that it was futuristic, fell for it anyway, and was a melted puddle of admiration after finishing it.

To be honest, I've read a bit of almost every genre, so although I have timeless favourites like my beloved historical fictions, I don't exactly have a genre that I'm really against or that I'd shy too much away from. Hoping to keep an open mind! ^_~

What do you guys think about this question? Link me up and I shall be happily hopping (tomorrow morning XD)
 ♡ Vivian


10 comments:

  1. I haven't had the chance to read Cinder but I have heard so many good things about it. For the Hunger Games I have read all the book and have loved them. Great post! New follower!

    thebookreaper.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. I keep forgetting Academy 7. I really need to read it.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen Cinder a few times now. Thinking about checking that one out.

    New Follower

    Errant Author: Feature and Follow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not read Academy 7, but I've always wondered...maybe I'll need to pick it up now. ;)

    Thanks for stopping by LIO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny - this is actually the topic for my Say Anything post for Sunday; saying how I think it's important to read books that you don't think you'd like b/c it's not your usual genre. I definitely think it's important to try different books because you might actually end up really liking something! The Hunger Games was amazing, I haven't read Cinder or Academie 7 however both sound very interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read Cinder but I really liked the other two.

    New follower!

    Happy Reading!
    Austine @ The Red Reader ==> Read my #FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking forward to reading the Hunger Games, but I am always unlucky with getting a copy of it :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I tagged you for the Liebster Blogger Award! Here's the link -http://booksworthremembering.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/liebster-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally had no idea Academy 7 was futuristic either!! I'm normally not much of a sci-fi reader either, but The Maze Runner was absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just bought Cinder and I can't wait to get started! Good to hear that you loved it :D

    ReplyDelete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!