Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

July 14, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (#3)

This week's haul for Vivi is rather puny, but EXCITING to the max for me, because I've been waiting upon these particular titles for a ridiculously long (or so it seemed...) time. I've been going around, and very envious of all your lovely posts! If I haven't seen yours, feel free to share a link in the comments! Doubt there's mutual books for this week, but if you do, eeee!!
New change: Clickey the covers for Goodreads!

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices #2)
by Cassandra Clare

Currently reading!!! The waiting period after reading Clockwork Angel was absolute torture! I'm definitely going to buy at least one book from this series, though I tend to read all of a series, then decide on a favourite to buy.... Anyway, was grinning like a fool as I practically skipped home from the library with this, haha! This copy was the special edition that featured Will's Letter to his parents (rather than the Love Letter to Tessa <-- Vivi wanted this one >_<; even though I've read all the extras already.)

Fever (The Chemical Garden #2)
by Lauren DeStefano

I've been waiting for this one even longer. I'm glad I'm only reading this now, though. Hopefully it'll make the waiting period between this and Sever a tad easier for me ^_^; Anyway, really excited about this one, though I've heard how much darker it is, etc.




Lies Beneath (Lies Beneath #1)
by Anne Greenwood Brown

Finally got my hands on this one as well! I've already read it, and a review is waiting to come. It was pretty good, but I didn't find it spectacular. I did really like how the POV was a merman, though! Not an everyday encounter POV, that's for sure.

I see there's a second book for 2013~ -sigh- more waiting. (sorry...I'm sounding very impatient here, but I'm actually just super hyped up XD)


City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments #2)
by Cassandra Clare

More of Cassie! Haha, yes, I've finished City of Bones! It. was. AWESOME!!! (there's no other adjective for it; my brain feels fried from the smoking hotness). Definitely can't wait to start this one as well, though I'm going to finish Clockwork Prince first.




That's it for Vivi this week. Thanks for scrolling through, and happy reading to you all!

Vivian

27 comments:

  1. I loved The Mortal Instrument series, so I hope you enjoy reading it as well as your other books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mortal Instruments looks good. I still have to read Wither. Good solid books this week.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won a copy of City of Bones so I'm glad you really liked it! I hope to get started on The Infernal Devices soon and I'm glad you're liking that series too! Lies Beneath is on my TBR and I alreday read and liked Fever.
    Happy reading!

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Mortal Instruments series and The Infernal Devices trilogy both were really good and I hope you enjoy those! I still have to read Fever since it's on my Kindle and I also really want to read Lies Beneath! I hope you enjoy!

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing haul my dear!! eNjoy Clockwork Prince!! <3 <3 <33333333 kyaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some really great books this week!! I loved The Mortal Instruments, City of Glass being my favorite. I haven't read Clockwork Angel yet, though, I definitely need to pick it up! Fever is much darker than the first book, I had very mixed feelings about it. And I've heard fabulouss things about Lies Beneath, so I hope you enjoy that one. =)

    Happy reading!!

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. My wife is really into these books. She is getting the chance to be the author in November at YALLfest.

    Btw, I've nomiated you for the Liebster award. :D

    Find out more about it here:
    http://abookishco-op.blogspot.com/2012/07/wowzers_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love TMI! I havent read her Infernal Devices books yet but definitely want to. Great Haul
    My StS
    liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, Clockwork Prince! I loved that book so much, I really hope you enjoy it! City of Ashes is another great read. Actually, all of Clare's books are pretty epic! Happy reading!

    Our STS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stack! I loved Fever and Clockwork Prince better tan the first books. I LOVE JEM! I have the book with his POV of the first time he saw Tessa. SWOON! Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. kyaa! you are soo sweet! Im yes! yes!! call me Oneechan <3333 thank you so much!! that's really nice of you ^_^ (as long as you never ever call me Obaa-san lol!!) ^.^ Get a summer read soon =) Kody Keplinger's A Midsummer's Nightmare is totally amazing too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh Fever!! I've been meaning to get my hands on that, but other books keep flapping their covers to the front of the queue (they have no respect for order). Can't wait to see what you think, Wither was amazing <3 And Lies Beneath! Disappointing that it didn't quite live up to expectations, but I can't wait for your review. Merrrmaids!

    Awesome haul, have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one amazing haul! I love Clockwork Prince it is so good! I didn;t like Fever though, it was a real let down compared to Wither! i still need to read Lies Beneath though!

    Letterbox Love!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great haul, I hope you enjoy them! I haven't gotten around to reading the second in the Wither series yet.

    Here's a link to mine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great books, Vivi. I loved the Clockwork Prince, it got me a little teary. City of Ashes is good and I've got Fever waiting on my bookshelf - I really enjoyed Wither, so it's beyond me why I keep letting other books get between me and Fever (or is it Fever and I...)
    Happy reading :-)
    Katja @ YA's the Word

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, I literally want to read everyone of those books. I can't wait to see your reviews of them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lies beneatg was a really nice book I hope you'll enjoy as much as I did.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had the same with Lies beneath! It was good, but not fantastic. Happy reading Viv! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay! CP & Lies Beneath are AWESOME books. CP is def my fav of Cassie's books, oh, Jem <3. Great haul!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i agree with you about lies beneath. i wasn't blown away by it but it's still good enough that i'm looking forward to reading book 2. awesome books this week!! enjoy and happy reading :)

    my StS/book haul post.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great books! I really loved Clockwork Prince, so glad you finally got it! Check out my Stacking the Shelves: World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  22. ahhh all such great books! Actually, I haven't read Lies Beneath yet, but Fever and all the Cassie Clare books are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I actually have read and loved every book you got this week! Clockwork Prince was by far my favorite book last year ^^ I think Fever was even better then Wither and Lies Beneath was a really original take on the mermaid myths. Great haul this week! I hope you enjoy all of them as much as I did =D

    My Stacking The Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great haul! I need to get to reading Wither, I bought it recently but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I haven't read any Cassandra Claire books, everyone seems to love them so they are definitely on my radar though.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lies Beneath looks so good. New follower from PJV's Feature & Follow last week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh yay glad you're reading the MI series! I also enjoyed Fever much more than Wither. And I MUST read CP soooon! Awesome haul, chickie!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So cool that you got Clockwork Prince. I have both this and Clockwork Angel, but I still haven't read them. Very bad of me.

    ReplyDelete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!