Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

July 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday ● #4

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. It features books that you are currently anticipating releases of. 



Title: Scarlet
Series: Lunar Chronicles #2
Author: Marissa Meyer

Synopsis: This book will feature Cinder and Little Red Riding Hood and will take place in France.

Cinder returns in the second thrilling installment of the New York Times-bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn’t know about her grandmother and the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she has no choice but to trust him, though he clearly has a few dark secrets of his own.

As Scarlet and Wolf work to unravel one mystery, they find another when they cross paths with Cinder. Together, they must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen who will do anything to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner


Thoughts: I really enjoyed Cinder (still need to up that review...), and out of all the books I'm really anticipating, I chose Scarlet because the way Marissa Meyer's laying it all out is intriguing. Cinder was loosely based on Cinderella, and as Cinder's continuing her journey (which I'm very excited for), she's....being tied into a Little Red Riding Hood concept? O_O So, is Marissa going to tie the next book with Cinder and Scarlet into another adaptation of a folktale/fairytale? 

What are you waiting on? Link me up! ^_^

15 comments:

  1. As you know, I have Cinder waiting for me and I can't wait to read it. And I'm definitely looking forward to this book too. I really like the cover ^^

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-16-lilith.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds intriguing, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have "Cinder" on my Kindle as a "To Read" because of the generally favourable blogger press on it.

    Assuming I like "Cinder", I'll put "Scarlet" on my eventual "To Buy List".

    Great cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Cinder yet but I have heard great things so I am actually looking forward to this one too even if I still need to read the first book.

    Sandy
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read Cinder!

    My WOW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/#!/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-30-dark-light.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, I am so excited for this one!! I really enjoyed Cinder, and can't wait to see how Marrissa Meyer weaves Cinder's tale with Scarlett's. I already know that I'm going to love it! <3 I'm hoping that there will be a little more world-building in this one. So excited!

    Fabulous pick, Vivian!

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. I picked this same book! So excited for it! Absolutely loved Cinder :) Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This does sound interesting!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani (GFC Follower)
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2236

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't even read Cinder yet! Eeep!

    ReplyDelete
  10. EEEEEEEEEEEE. SCARLET SCARLET SCARLET!! I am LOVING retellings (well, stories inspired or loosely based on the originals) lately, I think the tv show Once Upon A Time has really resparked my fairytale love <3 I loved Cinder and the unique spin Marissa put on the original tale, so I'm CRAZY excited to see the story continue and of course, meet Scarlet and the WOLF! :D :D

    By the way, I'm crazy behind on all my commenting lately, but your LAYOUT. IT'S SO PRETTY! THE COLOURS. THE OWLS. I LOVES IT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I NEED THIS! Cinder ended at such an exciting point and the wait for Scarlet has been killing me for months! Great pick

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, Cinder! You just remind me that I need to read that book someday. Cinderella cyborg? Sign me up! x) I don't know what I've been waiting for, especially since everyone seems to love Cinder so much! (Peer pressure, you know. :P) Anyway, Scarlet has such gorgeous cover! Love the red silk - so so so pretty! <3

    Fabulous pick this week, Vivian! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG. YES. Amazing pick! I cannot wait for this book to finally be released! I can't believe Marissa Meyer just ended Cinder LIKE THAT! Ugh. Angst.

    Here’s my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am sooo excited for Scarlet! I can't believe I have to wait so long for all of the books to come out :(

    I really enjoyed Cinder, I liked it's take on Cinderella and I liked that it was also different. I'm really excited to read a little red riding hood retelling, I've heard the character 'Wolf' is pretty hot haha. I dunno if that's true!

    Jordon @ Miss Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still have to read Cinder, but Scarlet sounds awesome. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!