Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

July 11, 2012

Weigh in Wednesday #2

Weigh in Wednesday is a weekly meme created and hosted by Lauren @ Epilogue. It features a topic in which each blogger can share their opinions on. 

 Super hot topic for this week! Get ready for...

PEETA VS. GALE

Finnick! Haha, no, I'm kidding. I'm Peeta all the way (you can see my team button on my sidebar ^^). For me, Gale wasn't developed as much as Peeta in the first book, and after he rejoined Katniss and Peeta in the other two books, something just didn't feel....right about him for me.

Definitely, Peeta had the upper hand, and even though he had so many chances with Katniss in the arena, he was also extremely kind, yet still brave, smart, caring, and downright sweet. I felt like he had a lot of depth that resulted in me as a reader being drawn to him.

Gale, on the other hand, bugged me in the final book. It's been awhile since I read Mockingjay, but I remember being very opposed to his views and ideas regarding the rebellion. I am touchy when it comes to a person's sense of justice (a trait which my mother cultivated for me XD thank you, mother!) and I'm sorry I cannot bring out hard evidence, but I just did not like the way Gale thought in the last book. It's understandable, given the different circumstances in which Gale and Peeta were brought up. In terms of sociology, think Nature vs. Nurture, except in this case it's definitely nurture in action. I actually had nothing against him in the first book, but by the end, he was a definite no-no for me.

It's funny because I have so many friends who went Gale-Peeta, or Peeta-Gale, or Peeta-Gale-Peeta, etc.
Anyway, I'm not looking for a fight on this one, so feel free to comment even if you're for Gale ^_^
♡ Vivian

11 comments:

  1. I was team Gale all the way until the last half of the final book, then? It was like my blindfold was lifted and I realized that it had been Peeta all along! *lol* (Either way? I miss how real these characters felt to me when I originally read the series!)

    -Jac @ For Love and Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way as you do--I think the author was pushing us toward Peeta over Gale by the third book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahh, everyone seems to pick Peeta! And I do understand your arguments...but I still for Gayle. I think I just fell i love with him at first sight and never got cured :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stand your ground! <3 Vivi admires your bravery!

      Delete
  4. I thought there was something odd about Gale in Mockingjay, too. Though I pick him, I thought there were times he kind of acted like a jerk towards Katniss. Maybe because he thought she had feelings for him but then saw on TV there was supposed to have been this epic love story between her and Peeta? I didn't agree with his ideas concerning the rebellion, either. It's true--though he meet Gale first in the first book, he fades into the background quickly and so much about him is unknown. I still think he's hot, though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't have Finnick, Vivian! He's all mine! :P I won't start a fight on Peeta/Gale either, but for the awesome oh-my-gosh Finnick I'm willing to fight LOL! x) Hehe, I'm Team Peeta all the way too! I was never attracted to Gale! Peeta is such a lovely, good guy I can't resist. Plus, he's very nice and I adore how gentle he is to Katniss! PEETA forever! x)

    PS: I'm sorry I haven't commented on your blog lately! I got sick. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're feeling better, Hilda! Don't push yourself too hard!
      and okaaaaay~ -backs off Finnick-. Man, when am I going to find a swoon-worthy guy that I can have to myself? XD They're all taken, aren't they. -wry smile-

      Delete
  6. new follower :) Congrats on being this weeks feature!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! I'm all about Peeta but I find the actor for Gale is much hotter! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  8. One thing that actually annoys me, is the fact that I never thought there was a love triangle in the first place! Katniss should be alone in my opinion. I never felt her love towards Peeta.. And Gale was just one of her oldest friends, so it's logical that she had some kind of feeling for him. But love? Neeeh.

    And I think I'd go for Finnick too, hahaha. Otherwise, still Gale. Peeta is just.. no, not for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! First time hearing that! <3 but I really like that perspective, actually

      Delete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!