Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

July 24, 2012

"Would You Rather" Tag

 
Vivi's been (rather epic-ly) tagged consecutively by two lovely and awesome fellow blogging owls! This "Would You Rather" tag seems awfully fun, so huge thanks to Caitlin @ The YA Bookworm Blogger and Karen @ Cheerful Book Reviews for tagging me!

And of course, big thanks to Delaney @ The Random Ranterer for starting this wonderful tag!

The Rules!
  • Intros!-Tell us about yourself and your blog
  • Answer the 6 questions in anyway you want
  • Tag 6 bloggers (or however many people you want to tag)
  • Tell them they have been tagged and link back to your post
  • Put the Would You Rather...? picture to your post

Introduction!

Hello! My name is Vivian (my Chinese name is another story ^_~) and I'm 16. A rather intimidated but strangely excited high-school-senior-to-be. Aside from consuming books as a life source, I play piano, like to go for long runs, and enjoy singing songs in Japanese and German (yes, specifically those two languages...) in my spare time.


Questions Time!

#1: Reading - Would you rather read a classic book or a dictionary?

Oh, classic book for sure! I'm really big on classics, and since they're good for you, I try to always have one on my currently-reading shelf. (even though they take me so much longer to finish -wry smile-). I'm not Malcolm X so I think reading a dictionary would be very informative but (in British accent) awfully dull~

#2: Getting : Would you rather receive a $50 gift card to a bookshop or a library card?

This is actually hard...Toronto's library system is actually really quite good, but I've already got a library card anyway, so gift card all the way! Close family friends know that they can't go wrong with a sweet little Indigo & Chapters card any Christmas! XD

#3: Shopping : Would you rather look at books at a bookstore or a library?

Bookstore all the way!!! When in Indigo, I go into this sort of dazed-mode and float around as a fluffy Vivi-cloud of pure bliss. Heck, I'd be happy to move into a bookstore and live there!

#4: Sleeping : Would you rather stay up and see what happens in the book (and its a part where it's a must) or go to sleep?

I absolutely need my sleep, or else everything goes wrong for me: I break out, get in a bad mood, can't think properly, and the list goes on. That all happens if I don't sleep before 10:30-11:00. It really depends on the book, to be honest. Then again, for most books, I tend to just read along, finish it, then see that it's already 11:30 (which is REALLY late for me.....-blush-).

#5: Writing: Would you rather write on a laptop/computer or in a notebook/paper?

Good ol' pen and paper! Almost all my reviews are written in my Book Reviews Journal before I type them up. I find that I'm more thoughtful if I sit down with a pen. If you give me a keyboard, my pianist-fingers go off on their own and sometimes I end up with a too-convoluted review, or write a whole bunch of irrelevant stuff....

#6: Eating : Would you rather eat while you read or keep glancing at the bag of food while you read?

Water has to be there, first of all, haha! I don't tend to eat junk food while reading. If I do end up eating, probably it'd be fruit with a fork (so my fingers don't get the pages dirty), like I was reading "Fever" (by Lauren DeStefano) this afternoon while eating chunks of juicy, summer-y watermelon ^_^ (totally contrasted the depressing atmosphere of "Fever")

Blogs Vivi's Tagging!

Mel @ Life of a bookworm.
Hilda @ Catch the Lune!
Rachel @ Booktastic Reviews
Joie @ Joie de Lire
Kristina @ Ladybug Storytime!
Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life


That's it for me!

Thanks for reading!
Vivian

11 comments:

  1. Aha, my family is the same way- they always know "when in doubt, buy Caitlin a Chapters gift card" :P Loved reading your answers, especially number six.... *runs off to eat watermelon" =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it was tempting how I described it, wasn't it~ XD

      Delete
  2. Vivian, you are like so freaking adorable, #4 made me laugh, I expected like "3 am" instead of "11:30" xD LOL ! Well, for me it's like 3:30... ;___; FEVER AS IN BARRONS ? That man.. he gave me chills. Seriously D: I love him sooooooo x100 much. I wish I was like you and didn't eat junk food all the time. D: McDonalds - here I come! (I eat healthy sometimes.. every once in a while ! :D) ANYWAYS. I loved your answers! They were just darlin. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! <3 And yes XD I have to be asleep by 11 or it doesn't work =_=; if you keep up with the healthy, it should automatically stick quite easily :)

      Delete
  3. Well first, thank you so much for tagging me! These questions sound pretty fun to answer!
    And second, I LOVED reading all your answers! X)
    #4 was my favorite because I totally thought you'd say you were a night owl! But 11:30! Goodness, in my world, that is super early!
    And third, Vivian you are too cute!
    I can't wait to answer these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, gosh! i am just thrilled that my tag has traveled far! And I totally love your answers. Though, I stick with junky foods more often than fruits. -SHAME UNVEILED- And I feel the same way! I mostly write on paper than on the internet. It's time consuming to type it back up, but it's worthy enough. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad to hear that there's more of us pen-and-paper people, haha! and omg?! your tag? Why, I shall give you credit for it then ^_~

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for tagging me! This looks really fun so I'll hopefully do it sometime soon!
    I'm one of those people who does read into the very late hours! I really shouldn't but I just can't put a book down if it has me gripped! :3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for tagging me, this is fun indeed! :D I always like to read this stuff and I'm glad that I've learned more about you, sweet Viv ^^

    I will make my post right away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is AWESOME. I'm following and I look forward to seeing more of your posts! Would you mind checking out my blog Escaping Jackie? I'd appreciate it very much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your answers - number four was especially sweet! As a student we tend to be up till crazy times, but I always feel better on those nights when I have a slightly earlier night and an early morning. But when there's a good book, I don't have nearly enough self-control to put it down!

    I generally prefer brainstorming and bullet points with pen and paper, but writing of any length has to be typed - I'm just too lazy. I'm trying to get into the habit of writing more by hand though, for one thing it's so nice to flick through old notebooks etc, which you just can't get from a laptop!

    I'd be really interested to hear more about your book reviews journal - I couldn't find any other mentions of it on your site. Any chance of a photo/in depth description at any point? I LOVE seeing how people are organised, and I'm a definite stationery nerd.

    Faith from StudentSpyglass

    ReplyDelete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!