Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

August 11, 2012

Featured Trailer : The Lure of Shapinsay

Hello everybody! Today I'm bringing to this second edition of Vivi's showcase stage a gorgeous and intriguing book trailer that won my heart and made me sit at the edge of my seat at the end of it. If you're a fan of dangerous love and a good romantic fantasy complete with selkie men, check out "The Lure of Shapinsay" by Krista Holle! (and Vivi's head over heels in love with the cover)

by Krista Holle
-ebook-

Ever since Kait Swanney could remember, the old crones of the village have been warning her to stay away from the selkies. They claim that like sirens of old, the seal men creep from the inky waters, shed their skins, and entice women to their deaths beneath the North Sea. But avoiding an encounter becomes impossible when Kait is spotted at the water’s edge, moments after the murder of a half-selkie infant.

Unexpectedly, Kait is awoken by a beautiful, selkie man seeking revenge. After she declares her innocence, the intruder darts into the night, but not before inadvertently bewitching her with an overpowering lure.

Kait obsesses over a reunion deep beneath the bay and risks her own life to be reunited with her selkie. But when she lands the dangerous lover, the chaos that follows leaves Kait little time to wonder—is it love setting her on fire or has she simply been lured?

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, this one looks really good! I always find books about selkies to be interesting. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, The Lure of Shapinsay is a great book! I adore romantic story, especially when it's between human and not-so-human LOL! This is my first book about selkie, and I enjoyed it a lot too! Love the trailer, Vivi! <3 Thank you so much for sharing! x)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh a book about selkies! That's definitely a first for me! Thanks for sharing Vivi! I'm definitely adding this to my TBR list. And the music in the trailer is just perfect! >w<

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of this book before and love the sound of it! I haven't read books about selkies before so I'm really interested to read it! Plus, the trailer is also interesting too!

    Thank you for sharing this trailer with us, Vivian! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book and trailer have also been featured on my blog - doesn't it look amazing?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE THE TRAILER. I actually have this book for review (and I DO have it read I just need to write the review up!) and you will love the book. It's awesome! GO READ IT NOW. <(^.^)>

    ReplyDelete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!