Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

August 11, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (#5)

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme that features your books haul for the week! It is created and hosted by Tynga @ Tynga's reviews

Skipped last week again since nothing too interesting happened, unfortunately. BUT! -hand shoots up- This week, Vivi's got an awesome haul that had me stuck with a near-permanent watermelon smile for a loooooong time! And everything happened all at once on Friday, so I was in for quite a blast of good reads. Moving on to the haul!

Once again, clickey the lovely covers for Goodreads!

"The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey #4) by Julie Kagawa
~Bought~

I BOUGHT THIS! because I just loved it so much and I didn't want my time with Ash and Meghan to fade >_< To be honest, out of all 4 The Iron Fey books, I was wanting to buy The Iron Queen first, but Indigo didn't have it in stock (awwwww), and there was only book 1 and 4 on the shelves so I picked up my next fave ^_^

Ack. Those reviews are still to come. Sorry....


"Pushing the Limits" by Katie McGarry
~NetGalley & Library~

Alright. Let's see what all this fuss is about, and goodness, this wait has been way too painful T_T I got the galley first, and was about to start reading it, but then I noticed that my library copy was on its way as well. Unfortunately, I avoid reading on my computer as much as possible, so library print copy won XD Will start this soon and I cannot wait to meet Echo and Noah myself!



"The Lost Prince" by Julie Kagawa
~NetGalley~

I. was. SO. excited to get approved for this, was jumping up and down in my room XD Reading it currently, and it is AMAZING!!! Gosh, and check out the gorgeous cover! I love the model Ethan -nods approval- Super juicy and squeal-tastic and filled with good ol' memories of The Iron Fey as well!




"City of Fallen Angels" by Cassandra Clare
~Library~

Oooooohhyessss! Been dying to continue with my journey through the series. Loved City of Glass and then there was this excerpt of this book at the back. After that, it was plain torture waiting to get my hands on this one. Can't wait to read this as well. I'm wondering what to do about City of Lost Souls... I don't usually buy books without reading them first, but waiting for that one will take forever in the library system...suggestions? And I don't do e-copies ;__;


"The Immortal Rules" (Blood of Eden #1) by Julie Kagawa
~Library~

Look-y!! It sure is a fantastic Julie Kagawa-filled week! I remember some of you guys reading this one first before reading The Iron Fey and loving it, so really looking forward to checking this one out for myself! You can never read too much of Julie's books XD I'm just a bit sad that I haven't read it earlier...feel like I'm missing out on a lot.



"Never Enough" by Denise Jaden
~Library~

Finished this one along with its review! It was very sweet and I enjoyed it even though I don't usually read contemporaries that much. This was from a bit earlier this week.





"Leviathan" (Leviathan #1) by Scott Westerfeld
~Library~

Unfortunately, believe it or not, I haven't read The Uglies >_< but I definitely have heard of how good it is a series, so picked this one up out of curiosity to see what this author is all about.





"Scarlet" by A. C. Gaughen
~Library~

THIS WAS SOOOOO AMAZING!! Finished it shortly after Never Enough but I've yet to write a review for it. Also from earlier this week.






Tada~!!! End of Vivi's haul for this week! Not a bad one, definitely one of my best weeks of this summer. What did you guys stack on your shelves and any mutual reads? Link me up!

Vivian

26 comments:

  1. HOLY GARBANZO BEANS!! This has been a FANTASTIC two weeks for you Vivi :) I cannot wait to see what you think of these, especially The Immortal Rules. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "HOLY GARBANZO BEANS" has just made my day, Lauren XD looking forward to reading it! ^_~

      Delete
    2. I'm glad I could make your day!! ;)

      Delete
  2. Great Haul! I read Pushing the Limits a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it! I also got The Lost Prince this week and can't wait to read it :D

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul!! The Immortal Rules is awesome!! Have fun reading : )

    my stacking the shelves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! Loved The Iron Knight and The Immortal Rules! Pushing the Limits was great too! Thanks for stopping by My Stack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing haul! I loved Pushing The Limits and The Lost Prince sounds awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm telling you right now, you're going to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Pushing the Limits! It's such an amazing read! And yay for Scarlet. I loved that one a bunch as well. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vivian, if you don't love Pushing The Limits then I have absolutely terrible, terrible taste in books! (If you don't like it, I'm going to regret saying that..) I LOVED IT THOUGH. Noah.. Sigh.. I WANT THAT BOY ):
    I also love The Immortal Rules immensely ~~! Your haul was just great! :D Scarlet looks super good as well, hope you enjoy it& all the other pretty books you got ! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome haul! I'm so excited for Pushing the Limits and The Immortal Rules. :) Enjoy your books and thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHHHHHH! THOSE. BOOKS.
    Yes yes and YES! Fabulous haul Vivian! :))
    Katie McGarry, Cassandra Clare, and Julie Kagawa oh my! Hope you enjoy them! I really loved the Iron Knight, CoFA, and The Immortal Rules--the others I haven't read yet.
    Here’s my haul

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome haul this week. I want to read Pushing the Limits too. I heard a lot buzz about that book. The Immortal Rules looks interesting too. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey i'm a new follower :).
    Wow you got so many amazing books this week ! I'm a huge fan of the iron feys series and The Iron Knight is my favorite book in the series ! And I can't wait to start the spin off series now. I'm so jealous that you got The lost prince :p.
    OMG Scarlet <3 I read this book two months ago and LOVED it. It's my favorite 2012 debut novel and probably my favorite book of 2012 :).
    I hope you'll enjoy reading all these books ! Happy reading !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to read Pushing the Limits, hopefully it'll arrive this week it sounds amazing. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOMG I LOVEEEE YOUR MAILBOX!!! JULIE KAGAWA FREAKING ROCKS. I can't wait to read The Lost Princeeee! I totally would've requested on NG, but I have too many books to readd...so I'm trying to limit the number of ebooks I request! hahaa OOMG. YOU HAVEN'T READ PUSHING THE LIMITS YET?!?! YOU.MUST.READ.IT.IMMEDIATELY. I INSIST!!! It's SOOOOO good!<3
    Okieees, I hope I haven't freaked you out with my caps-lock attack! Anywayyyy ENJOYYYYY!x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just got The Lost Prince as well - but I have to catch up on the rest of the Iron Fey series first, I haven't read them all yet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! This is an AMAZING haul! I loved Pushing the Limits so I hope you really enjoy it too. (Go in with low expectations if you can so you aren't disappointed!) I'm really excited for The Lost Prince too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful haul, The Immortal Rules is fab, and I've got The Lost Prince too this week. Leviathan has so many good reviews, I hope I can pick it up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome haul!! I loved The Immortal Rules! Before that it was always guy vampire&human girl, so I enjoyed the change :)
    Pushing the Limits was a really emotional read.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You've got some amazing books this week! I hope you enjoy them all!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Iron Knight was sooo good huh ^^ And I LOVE Scarlet <3 She is such a kick ass girl! And the same for The Immortal rules, my favorite book this year. Never enough looks interesting :) and I also got The Lost Prince and I'm freeeeeeeaking happy with it :D It will be fun when we read it around the same time as The Iron Fey ^^

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/08/showcase-sunday-10_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great Haul Vivi! I still have to read The Iron Knight before I get to The Lost Prince, but I have heard some great things about both books =D I also LOVED Pushing The Limits it was probably my favorite read this summer.

    Happy Reading ^^

    My Stacking The Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, you've got some awesome books this week. I'm curious to check out The Immortal Rules. never read anything by the author but I've heard good things about this one and I'm quite intrigued. That's awesome you got Pushing the Limits too. I have heard some excellent things about that one...must read!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW, I am TOO jealous! The Iron Knight, The Lost Prince, Pushing the Limits AND The Immortal Rules???? No way! I want them :( Hope you love all of them though :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great haul :) I loved Scarlet & Leviathan, although it's different then Uglies. Have you tried steampunk? I hope you'll enjoy it :) and I'm yet to catch up on my reading on The Iron Fey & The Mortal Instruments, I've read only the 1st books in both series so far, and yeah, I have both The Immortal Rules & The Iron Prince waiting for me from Netgalley, and I did start Pushing the Limits, and although it was good, I still haven't gotten back to it, I guess I'm just not in a mood :( but hopefully I'll get in the mood soon ;) yeah, I'm such a moody reader :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ok I meant I have The Lost Prince, so many royalty in The Iron Fey ^_^

      Delete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!