Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

August 26, 2012

Vivian's Bookmark Collection 。◕‿◕。

Hello everyone~! Since today's a lovely Sunday and I have been hoarding all my latest reviews for the scheduled posts when my semi-hiatus starts, I thought I'd make a post for fun featuring all my bookmarks (⌒▽⌒ゞ I'm sure everyone's got a sort of bookmarks stash of some sort, or maybe you use other things!

This post is inspired by Liza's "Bookmark This Week" feature @ Reading with ABC!

Feel free to share your bookmarking habits down in the comments as well (≧∇≦)/ and I hope you enjoy this post!

Vivi's Bookmarking Habits Break-Down

  • No dog-earring for me. It'll be something from a bookmark to a scrap of paper...or nothing at all. 
  • For the Regular Indigo Collection (which you guys will see below), I never use one of those bookmarks for two books in a row. I'm always switching.
  • If there's a part of the bookmark sticking out, it's gotta match in colour with the cover of the book I'm just weird and particular like that  (⌒_⌒;)
  •  Not always so OCD-ish, when I don't care, it's going to be one of those plainer bookmarks.
  • When bookmark-less, use the library check-out receipt!

Pictures~!!! Yay!


 This here is my "Regular Indigo Collection". It's actually not that large of a collection, but these all came from Indigo. There was a phase when I had to buy one bookmark at least every time I stepped into the bookstore. >_<

Also, if I use one of these, the pretty string colour has to match the book cover (or at least look good with it, know what I mean?)  ʘ‿ʘ

 

 [Left] Here's my tiny "Special Indigo Collection" with bookmarks of somewhat of a higher price range. They're all splurges, and the gorgeous purple in the middle was a gift from Mama, because she knew I how much I wanted one. Thank you, Mama! ♥

[Right] A~nd here we have the reason why I picked this particular layout design for my blog! I've seen these owls on notebooks, folders, bags, and on these cute little magnet clip bookmarks. These aren't very convenient to use, to be honest, but they look great on their own!


 Peking Opera collectable bookmarks! A friend brought these from China for me! I've yet to use them, though....


 Of course, here are the plainer ones. I haven't gotten one of these from a bookstore in a while, but there was a time period where the cashier ringing you up would stick one of these into your purchased book. They're really convenient to use, great for whenever you just want to grab a bookmark and not care how it looks  ( ̄ー ̄)

That's all for me in the Bookmarks department! I also have a couple of home-made bookmarks from when I was little, but couldn't find them  (╯︵╰,) 

How about you guys? Do you have a favourite bookmark or do you use anything that's sitting around? Which of mine did you like best?  (ヘ。ヘ)

Thanks for reading!
Vivian 

18 comments:

  1. I love all your bookmarks! I have some myself but I have a favorite one...
    It's one an author send me and I love it :)
    BTW! I hate people that dog-ear books.

    Ruty
    Reading...Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful collection!!! I also collect bookmarks like crazy! =PPPP
    ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm in love with your bookmarks collection O_O I have a few bookish bookmarks that I've collected over the years but nothing as pretty as those! I love the tassels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dog-earring is a definite no-go area for me. Bookmarks all the way! I have to admit, sometimes they are just scraps of paper, but still, I could never dog-ear a book. :D

    I love your bookmark collection! The magnet clip bookmarks are so cute and I adore the Indigo collection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the purple one - it really is special :-) I just use my Kindle now, so no excuse to buy pretty bookmarks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice collection! I have a lot of plain ones, but lately, I've been using three magnetic bookmarks and they are sooo easy to use! I don't make dog ears in my books: and if I see someone doing it, I'm like "NOOO, DOOM ON YOU"

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHH!! :D those bookmarks are gorgeous! No seriously! Gimme gimme gimme! ;D I need to start my own collection, lol *envy* ;)

    Shreya
    Chocolate Coated Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this feature! I never gave my bookmarks very much thought until today, usually I use a piece of paper or random book swag I've been sent lol This post has made me want to start getting real, cute, bookmarks now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all so pretty ! I love how you match the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahahah I LOVEEEE your Chineseeeee bookmark collection!!! It's very...Chinese-like :D LOL AND YOUR REGULAR INDIGO COLLECTION!! I LOVE THOSE BOOKMARKS!<3 Ummm...I don't really have a collection; my "collection" comprises the swag I won from giveaways/from publishers etc. I've always found bookmarks REALLY expensive so I never buy them :( Anywayyy LOVEEE your collection Viv<3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally have the bookmark with the Rumi quote on it! I love it!! Great collection.

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO PRETTY.<3 I especially love the Buterfly one in the first photo, but all the bookmarks in this post are gorgeous! I tend to loose bookmarks VERY easily. ): I think I should invest in some pretty ones to ensure I don't loose them after one use.

    Haha, thanks so much for sharing, Viv.(: <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!!! These are SO awesome!!!! I really should start collecting bookmarks too!!! Thanks for sharing.

    SeeitORreadit


    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, you guys <333 Glad y'all like them ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely sets! I have one leather bookmark and that's it...plus I lose it all the time...I best not tell you how I keep my page!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, gorgeous bookmark collection!! You put my... erm... non-existant one to shame :P I adore your Special Indigo Collection! <3 Especially the birdie one.

    I used to have a bunch of bookmarks with new release covers on them from swag included in giveaway wins, but I just NEVER, EVER use them. I'm not much of a swag person. I either commit the page number to memory (98% of the time) or else I stick random objects in the book. Paper, catalogues, remote control, a pen (provided the lid is on, of course!), my phone... I'm a grabber of random items :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh so pretty! <3 <3
    But guess what...... I. DOG-EAR.
    I know, so awful. SOMETIMES I'll use bookmarks. But then I get so lazy and forgetful of my bookmarks and just fold the page.
    Are you writhing in agony at my act of sacrilege? ;)

    ReplyDelete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!