Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

August 17, 2012

(≧∇≦)/ Why I Love Razor from 'The Iron Fey' Series ~ ♥

Hello everyone who have kindly stopped by here to take a peak! This is my contest entry for the awesome and epic author Julie Kagawa's contest for a chance to win a signed copy of IRON LEGENDS~! So of course Vivi had to give it a shot! For my entry, I chose to do a little tribute of love to dear little Razor the Gremlin!

I thought and thought about this, not about choosing Razor, but about how I wanted to make this entry and thank-you gift for Julie and Razor. In the end, I decided to do it the good ol' fashioned way with coloured markers, gel pens, and a black Sharpie! XD It felt more personal and I thought it was the best way for me to sincerely express my love for the character, so here it is~!!! -drum roll-

This scan is huge. You can click on it to make it even B I G G E R ! I apologize if any of you have a bit of trouble reading my writing >_< I tried my best to keep it neat! 

And of course, I just HAD to try my pathetic artistic hand at drawing Razor for this. Oh gosh -embarrassed-. Does that even resemble a gremlin? XD Sorry if it didn't go by your standards of how you pictured him, Julie! >_<

Anyway, I wanted to make Razor chibi and cute, because to be honest, I pretty much imagined him that way, a bit different from the other gremlins in general.... I tried to keep him as close to a typical "gremlin" form as possible and then tried adding a bit of iron elements to him. 

Razor even received an awesome striped design outfit from me XD -fashionista drawl with accent- Razor dear, stripes are incredibly in fashion right now!


And finally, I was seriously considering singing a song for him as well, but couldn't find an appropriate one. However, this particular Vocaloid song struck a chord in me in a sense and made me feel like I could connect it somehow to the Iron fey and Razor's kind in general:


It doesn't fit exactly, but the giving birth to a technologically created being with feelings really reminded me of the Iron fey. Although not specifically robots, the Iron fey were made from modern day dreams of technology too. 

The main theme of gratitude in the later part of this song would be, I think, a very nice message to you, Julie, as the author and the person who truly brought the Iron fey into this world. Whenever other authors wrote about the fey, nothing like the Iron fey came up. 

So now with Meghan ruling fairly and brilliantly as their queen, I think the Iron fey will feel more like they belong, and I'm sure they would be grateful to you for bringing them into existence, both in the Never Never and in the imaginative minds of readers.

And of course, going back to our awesome little Gremlin: Thanks for making me laugh and spreading the cheer with your neon grin, Razor!

Thanks for reading!
Vivian

11 comments:

  1. Awww, that is such an adorable drawing! ^.^ And with that very well-written letter, you'll probably be in the running! Good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so in love with this post! LOL! So adorable. Good luck in the contest. :)

    I just finished The Lost Prince recently...if you haven't read it yet, you'll love Razor even more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda, and YES YES YES!!!! I'm reading a galley of TLP right now, and I was SO happy to find out that Julie had Razor stick around for this new series! <3

      Delete
  3. Oh darn, I wish I saw this earlier, now I'm too late. Oh well, I will have my fingers crossed for you! ^^ I definitely like your cute drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww, Vivi! That is a very AWESOME entry you've made there! It's kawaii, adorable and cute ;) The drawing you made for Razor is also so cute! Good luck with your entry! I love vocaloid too by the way even though I haven't heard of Kokoro :)

    Thank you for sharing this awesome post with us, Vivi! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. D'awwww! The Iron Queen definitely made me wish I had a pet Razor of my own! <3 <3 Your drawing is just TOO CUTE! >w< Good luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWWWWWWWW VIVIIII! :D This is so freaking cute!! Ahh I hope you win <33 The drawing is so adorable I could just hug it :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooooooooooh I love your post it's so cute! Ok now it's impossible to not aggreing with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOD. YOU ARE SO ADORABLE. CAN I BUNDLE YOU UP, SHIP YOU TO AUSTRALIA AND KEEP YOU?

    In a totally non-creepy way, of course :P

    Your Razor drawing is SO EFFING CUTE! I LOVE IT. I think it deserves a spot on the cover art for an Iron Fey novella that focuses on Razor :D And your letter is so sweet. Seriously. I know the contest is over, but you so deserve a win for this. You're a winner in our eyes!! <3

    You've made me relive all the reasons I love that adorkable little gremlin and now I want to reread Iron Fey!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww! This is so cute. I love your essay :)

    ReplyDelete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!