Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

September 2, 2012

Announcement Time~! + Scheduling


Hello everyone! Thank you for the lovely input and support you guys gave me regarding my decision for another school-induced hiatus. (read my first initial decision post here). Thanks Mel, for the genius idea for me to find a way to reduce my number of posts just so this poor blog wouldn't be completely neglected while I'm off suffering university applications and all that wonderful stuff.

The Final Verdict.

I will be physically gone once school hits me. BUT!!! Vivian the Spirit will still be here. ^o^ Since this is a time period that affects my future directly and heavily (read good university or no good university), I want to do my absolute best. However, I have decided to do scheduled posts every fortnight (two weeks). I might even add a meme in between if they don't take long.

That way, this place won't be completely silent because last time I went on hiatus, that was what happened and it was terrible, I thought afterwards. It wasn't nice to all my wonderful followers and fellow blogger friends and it also looked bad, the awful silence here.

I do have a lot of unreleased reviews that I've prepared and typed up and they're all ready to go! There's still a bit of summer left so I'm saving a lot of my upcoming reviews from these next two weeks for the schedule. With that being said, I thought it'd be nice if I actually posted a scheduling for those reviews, just so you can see what's coming up in the scheduled line-up!

See the scheduling after the jump!



Sept. #1: "The Immortal Rules" by Julie Kagawa
Sept. #2: "I Hunt Killers" by Barry Lyga

Oct. #1: "The Lost Prince" by Julie Kagawa
Oct. #2: "Betrayal" by Lee Nichols

Nov. #1: "The Peculiars" by Maureen Doyle McQuerry
Nov. #2: "Leviathan" by Scott Westerfeld

Dec. #1: 
Dec. #2: 

I'm not too sure about December and afterwards. I do, however, have a list of titles that either already have written reviews or are going to be reviewed. Probably will end up making a poll and letting you guys choose ^_~

Possible December Choices:

"Hourglass" by Myra McEntire
"Surrender"by Lee Nichols
"Hemlock" by Kathleen Peacock
"Wither" by Lauren DeStefano
"Monument 14" by Emmy Laybourne
"False Memory" by Dan Krokos
"The Selection" by Kiera Cass

14 comments:

  1. *wipes tear* I'll miss you so much! Do you have any idea when you'll be back? :'(

    Can't wait for your scheduled posts! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to do what's right for you, and at the end of the day, doing well (or not so well) at school will make a much bigger difference to your life than a blog break - even if it doesn't feel amazing!

    Have you thought about asking some of your readers to do guest posts? You could suggest a theme/question and ask people to send you a post with their answers or just put out a general request for blog contributions. Or you could put a schedule up and ask people to sign up for a particular idea and week. You could pick your favourites, it means your blog has a little more on it, and your contributors may benefit from extra hits to their blog from here.

    Just a suggestion :) Good luck with the studying :) Also, I'm super jealous of The Selection from your haul this week, can't wait to read the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I totally understand. I'm going to have to cut down on posting as well. I started school almost 2 weeks ago and I'm exhausted! I try to post about 2-3 times a week, but sometimes that's even hard! I

    In times like this I sure wish I has started a blog with other people instead of just myself! It can get very busy and hectic.

    Anywhooo, I hope school goes good for you this year <33 !!

    & I'LL MISS YOU x10000 !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awhhh, I'm glad I could help you! :D I hope everything will go all right on school. I will be very busy and I won't blog that often as I did know, so I totally get your decision to take a hiatus! I'm glad that we still can enjoy your wonderful reviews :) I'm looking forward to see your opinion on The lost Prince and The immortal rules :D

    But besides that, I will miss you Viv! I'm always happy when I see a comment from you on any of my posts :D I wish you all the best and I'm eagerly waiting for your return ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be looking out for all your scheduled posts, I can't wait to see what you thought of The Immortal Rules and The Lost Prince.(: But I hope you can come back and visit often!<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. VIVIAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNN!!!!! *drops to knees and weeps* I understand though, GOOD UNIVERSITY sounds better than NO GOOD. And just think, only 4 months left of High School! Wait.. that's probably a scary thought. But anyway, I wish you ALL THE BEST. I know you'll do AMAZING <3

    Can't wait to read your fantastic scheduled posts and to hang out with Vivian the Spirit, even though she probably won't answer back. Or just glare haughtingly at me :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a great school year. Are you taking any English type courses? If you are, maybe you could blog about the classics. Stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *sniff sniff* I'LL MISS YOUUUUUUUU!! T_T
    But I wish you all the best with school applications and just... HIGH SCHOOL *shudder* I'm so ready for summer again. I can't wait to read all your amazing reviews and hang out with Vivi the spirit! :3

    ReplyDelete
  9. We will miss you! Good luck at school and with every thing. See you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. *Wails* Don't leave! No of course, I totally understand where you're coming from. School is terribly important - and so is the prospect of a good uni so take as much time off as you need. I'm in a pretty damn important year too so unfortunately blogging is not at the top of my priority list.

    However, you probably know I'm co-blogging now and I'm loving every moment of it. Jen is just amazing and having a co-blogger can totally take off a LOT of pressure. I know it's not for everyone - I wasn't sure whether I'd like it to begin with - but if you find the right person, it can really make blogging so much more fun and relaxing!

    Good luck and I'm looking forward to your posts <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. My dear Vivi-Chan! <3333333
    I will miss you, but I totally understand since Im back to class too. I wont be able to post and stalk blogs as much as I'd like to. My reviews and memes will still come up. But for sure less interaction. sniff!
    However, never hesitate to say hi on facebook on twitter ^_^

    Im glad you are scheduling post! every two weeks sounds wonderful and thanks for sharing your thoughts! I cant wait for yourr eview on Leviathan! and hopefully Hemlock too! =)

    Take care and study hard ^___^

    best always!!

    Muah!!

    you Nee-chan! <33333333

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm pleased to hear your blog won't be completely silent - and I'll miss your lovely, cheerful presence in the blogosphere.

    By the way, if you have 2 minutes in your schedule to vote for me on facebook (at http://www.facebook.com/ainsleyharriottfoods/app_479532585404765) I will totally love you forever ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaaaw Vivian, I'm going to miss your cheerfulness and lovely self! But I'll be waiting for you to come back and I look forward to your scheduled posts. :) Miss you and see you soon, chicky! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. first off I love the picture at the top second hope you come back soon :]

    ReplyDelete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!