Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

September 1, 2012

Just one more... Stacking the Shelves #6

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme that features your books haul for the week! It is created and hosted by Tynga @ Tynga's reviews


Here's just one more Stacking the Shelves for me before I enter school-hiatus mode. -sad- I do have one last haul from my library holds and things have piled up a bit since I didn't post anything from last week. Hopefully, these will be read and reviewed before things get really hectic. They're some good ones that I'm really looking forward to as well.

Once again, clickey the lovely covers for Goodreads!

"The Selection" (The Selection #1)  by Kiera Cass

Mixed reviews for this one, but I'm currently reading it and loving it so far. Kind of reminds me of The Hunger Games, just how the dystopian background is built. You know, America = Katniss and Aspen (oh gosh, how I love him already) = Gale (who, sorry guys, I don't love so much) except now, America's in a different sort of competition of survival as compared to Katniss.

Really excited to see how this one's going to turn out, considering how much I like the beginning already...

"Unearthly" (Unearthly #1) by Cynthia Hand

Apparently this book is amazing. Comments, anyone? Looking forward to reading this myself! I always love a good angel book, but the thing with angel books is that they usually fall either flat or too fluffy (not that I mind fluffy personally). Hoping this one will have a bit more depth.





"Rivals and Retribution" (13 to Life #5) by Shannon Delany

OMG, it's the last book!!!! -sob- This is by far the most enjoyable wolfie series I've read, even though the last book (#4) was terribly unsatisfying. I just can't believe that this series has gone so far already from the moment I read book #1. -sniff-

For those of you who like an entertaining paranormal with werewolves, check this series out!



"Monument 14" (Monument 14 #1) by Emmy Laybourne

I feel like I'm a bit behind on getting this book, but my library hold only arrived yesterday. Really intrigued by the premise of it so I'm looking forward to reading this one as well.

Any of you who read this? What did y'all think?




"False Memory" (False Memory #1) by Dan Krokos

(gosh, that's a lot of first in a series books, and they all have series names that are the same with the first book name >_<)

Heard how good this one was as well!! Not my typical read...





"Behemoth" (Leviathan #2) by Scott Westerfeld

I've read book #1 and liked it and since my reading nutritional balance is lacking in science fiction, I shall force myself to read more. Not that I didn't enjoy the first book, I did! (review coming up for book #1)

Hmmm...wonder how things are going to proceed from there....




Phew! That's one long before-hiatus haul. Well, as always, link me up in the comments below and I'll be happy to hop over to see all your awesome hauls!

This will be my final Stacking the Shelves before the end of my hiatus, so...-tears up- ;;___;; Oh stop, Vivi, this isn't even the good-bye-for-now post...

Happy reading, everybody!!!!
Thanks for reading!
Vivian

32 comments:

  1. Whoaaaaaa! Unhearthly and False Memory! Enjoy them sweetheart! I loved them both =9999

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad they've got oneechan's approval! <3 I'm super excited for them both >_<

      Delete
  2. I've read so many mixed reviews for The Selection too, but I'm glad to hear you're liking it so far!! Can't wait for your final thoughts. I really enjoy Unearthly , it definitely has a 'different' angel vibe to other books; well, for me at least. And there's TUCKER!! (except I totally switched teams in book 2... forgive me, Tuck!).

    I'm really excited to read Monument 14 and False Memory too!

    Awww *sniffles in preparation for Vivi-hiatus* If we chain you up in our special blogger dungeon now, you won't HAVE to enter school hiatus mode because... no school in blogger dungeon! Good idea? Yes? *rattles chains*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BLOGGER DUNGEON?! O________________O
      Brodie, are you the head mistress of that? XD LOOOL, that actually sounds extremely tempting...except I'm kinda excited for my Studies in Literature class >_< (-audience chorus "NEEEEEERD!!!"-)

      I'm really going to miss you guys all during these upcoming months though T__T Your comments always bring a big smile onto my face, so thank you, Brodie! <3333

      Delete
  3. Vivian... there's something wrong with your blog. The background image is a frog inside an... is that an ice cube? The texts can't be seen properly too. :|

    Anyway, you got some pretty awesome books this week. I loved Unearthly and I heard so many good things about False Memory, I hope you like it as well as your other books. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really? O_O Oh my gosh, thanks so much for telling me! I'm using Firefox right now, but I'll check my page with the other browsers...

      Delete
  4. enjoy. it is good to diverse ify

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa these are some awesome books XD I haven't read Unearthly or The Selection yet but I definitely plan to. I hope you enjoy your reading and have fun at school <3

    +New Follower / My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  6. good ones there, most are on my TBR, except the first one, thats not a book I would like, but hope you enjoy them all.
    here is mine
    Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOODNESS! I am in love with almost allll of your books! It's so sad that the 13 To Life series is ending ;D but i need to get #5 as well! And Behemoth you will LOVE! You need to get Goliath as soon as you finish, because it is one EPIC ending :D I need to buy False Memory as well :P ENJOY THAT DELICIOUS HAUL HUN! :D

    Shreya@CCReviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Unearthly and Monument 14. The Selection was okayish for me but Memory Keeper sounds good! Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul! I really want The Selection - and I've heard really good things about Unearthly! Hope you enjoy all!

    Oooh, I'm gonna miss you when you have to go! :'(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super haul, the only one i've not heard of is Rituals and Retribution. Enjoy :-)
    Katja @ YA's the Word

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg, I love the sound and look of The Selection! I really hope you enjoy it.(: OHMYGOSH, DON'T GO! You'll be missed, please come back soon. ): But happy reading whilst you're gone.<3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice haul! I really want to read False Memory and while I too have heard lots of bad things about The Selection - part of me now wants to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great haul, my friend keeps telling me how amazing Unearthly is so I hope you enjoy it. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think Unearthly is AMAZING, but it is pretty good. The sequel is better in my opinion. I still need to read The Selection! My copy is being neglected on my shelf. ;) Great haul, Vivian! I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice you had a lot of books, I haven't read them but heard great things about them. Happy reading darling!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice haul you have there. The cover for Rivals and Retribution and Monument 14 look aweeeesome! Hope you're gonna enjoy all your reads!
    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  17. DUDE! Awesome haul! Unearthly is SO good I can't believe you haven't read it before? Well glad you're fixing that at least. ;) Monument 14!!!!!!!!! SQUEEEEE I can't tell you how freaking excited I am for that one! Hope you enjoy it, and I can't wait for some awesome reviews to come, V! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Selection!!!! Gosh, I'm so jealous ;) That pretty cover makes me wish I had a dress just like theirs :') I'm just starting to get into dystopian so I really should pick this one up soon! I'm curious about Unearthly but not sure if I should read it - maybe I should wait until you post your review? o.O Monument 14 sounds awesome - love the cover!

    Fab haul, Vivi <3 And what?! You're going on a hiatus? :'( I only just started following you a little while ago... you can't leave!!! No, of course I understand your current situation - I'm the same. Just take things in your stride and I'm sure you'll come back bigger and better than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay, you seriously rocked out with books this week! I don't know where to start - enjoy them all :)

    Tara @ Hobbitsies

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are not alone, Viv! I'm going back to school on Monday too ;) I'm not looking forward to your hiatus :( but I hope you sometimes have the time to return to your blog or leave some messages at me! :D

    The selection; I still haven't decide if I want to read it or not. I might wait till I read your review on it!
    Unearthly; looks amazing. Can't wait to try it out myself.
    Momentum 14 & False memory; amaaaaaazing. I want to read them too.

    Great haul :D!
    My showcase Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Unearthly is SO GOOD! I also have to get Monument 14 and give it a go, that one sounds wicked. There is something about being locked in a grocery store that is just epic to me. Great haul! I hope you enjoy all your new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh, The Selection and Monument 14! They're both on my wishlist. I'm a new follower. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I was a little apprehensive going into The Selection because of the mixed reviews, but I loved it!! Glad to see you are enjoying it so far. I also loved Unearthly. Great Haul!

    My Haul!

    Becky @ A Reader’s Devotion

    ReplyDelete
  24. I got False Memory this week too! Great new reads!

    Here's what I got this week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ah! I have to read The Selection soon! I hear it's great! I hope you enjoy them all! :D

    My StS!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really liked The Selection and False Memory was good :) Also, Unearthly is one of my favorite books and Monument 14 sounds awesome. Great books!

    ReplyDelete

  27. We all know that we need some entertainments to help us relax ourselves,if you are interested in playing World Of Warcraft,and want to know more things about http://www.mmolive.com/ and http://www.mmohome.com/gold/Maple-Story-US.html,you can come to our home to enjoy more happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please don't spam my blog >_< It makes me terribly sad :(

      Delete
  28. OH WOW O_O DUDE, this sts post is made of WIN! False Memory?! SO JELLY! :P And the Leviathan series is amazing! You're gonna LOVE the last one! :D *sniffle* I'm completely with you about the last book of the 13 To Life series D: It's my favorite wolf series EVER! I re-read the books like a thousand times! I'm gonna miss my Rusakova(?) boys :P Lovely haul Vivian! :D

    Shreya@CCReviews

    ReplyDelete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!