Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

October 6, 2012

Stacking the Shelves #7


 


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme that features your books haul for the week! It is created and hosted by Tynga @ Tynga's reviews

Hello everyone~! I've decided to make an extra post today because today is Vivi's birthday ^_^ School's been rather rough, but I'm doing my best and I'll take occasional moments each month to visit you guys in spirit! ❤ I hope you guys haven't forgotten me yet ;;__;;

This Birthday~Edition Stacking the Shelves will feature some of the books I've been reading for school (Lit class) as well as the book that I got for my birthday from my parents ^_^ (one that I've been wanting so badly!)

clickey the photos for Goodreads!

Holy Bible (New International Version) by Anonymous

This was what we got handed on the very first day of Gr. 12 Studies in Literature class. Since the Holy Bible is at many times the basis of much of European literature, we were to study this text for Unit 1. We read Genesis, and the Gospels of Matthew and John. I actually really enjoyed Genesis ^_^

We also got to keep this bible, so yay! Even though I'm not religious/Christian, I think every literary devout person should have a copy of the Holy Bible. Trust me, it's not what you might've expected!

The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

I LOVE Nathaniel Hawthorne!!! For the independent study portion of Lit., we got to choose an 18th century novel so I chose this one since I've been wanting to read this for the longest time after I read "The House of the Seven Gables" (which I really liked too).





Palace of Stone (Princess Academy #2) by Shannon Hale

EEEEEE!! LOOK LOOK LOOK!!! I'd consider Shannon Hale's Princess Academy a modern YA literary classic with my whole heart and I almost fainted when I found out that she was going to release a sequel. It was beyond my furthest imagination point.

I absolutely CANNOT wait to read this. >_<



What did you guys pick up this week? Link up and Vivi the Spirit will do some hopping today! Happy Thanksgiving long weekend (CA) !

Vivian

19 comments:

  1. OHHHHH, VIV *throws balloons and confetti.* CONGRATULATIONS! *start to sing in her most pretty voice*

    Er is er één jarig hoera, hoera, dat kun je wel zien dat ben Jij.
    Dat vinden wij allen zo prettig ja, ja en daarom zingen wij blij, blij, blij, blij! :D

    A little bit of our Dutch happy birthday song. I wish you a wonderful day and happy reading with your new books! I hope that Palace of Stone is great! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy b-day girl!!! like someone sang you in Dutch I want to say something in Spanish: Feliz Cumpleaños chica!!!
    I hope you have an amazing day!

    Great books you got!
    I totally agree with you everyone should get a copy of the Bible even if you are not a religious person!

    Love

    Ruty@Reading...Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEEEEE VIVI! Happy Birthday! Hope you're having a wonderful wonderful birthday! And ooo, the scarlet letter! One of the classics I'm really interested to read! I haven't heard of Palace of Stone before but now I'm intrigued ;)

    Hope you enjoy all the books you got this week, Vivi! Happy reading! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. ASDKLFJHLASDJF OH MY GOODNESS, HAPPY BIRTHDAY VIVI!! *virtual hug*
    I hope your birthday is simply fantabulous! 生日快乐!!
    Btw, Palace of Stone was amaaazing. I think you're going to love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new books and happy birthday! Happy reading! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Stacking The Shelves you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know these ones but I hope you'll like them. Happy reading!

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh well happy Birthday, dollface!!! And awesome haul! That Princess Academy series sounds like my kind of book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to read this princess series! I've seen it around loads!

    Check out my Haul! Letterbox Love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. VIVI!!! *squeals in your ear* HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Where's the party?? I guess we can wait until the real-life, fleshy Vivi returns. Sorry to hear school has been a bit rough *hugs* Hope things get better for you, you're AMAZING and SMART and TALENTED and you CAN do it! *waves Team Vivi flag*

    Have a WONDERFUL birthday!! <3333

    I hear so much about The Scarlet Letter, but I.... I've never read it *hangs head in shame* And ooooh a modern YA literary classic? I MUST check out the Princess Academy series! The fact that you love it so much solidifies my need. AWESOME haul this week, hope the birthday girl enjoys her goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAPPY BIRTHDAY VIVIAN!!

    I think The Scarlet Letter is the one book we disagree on, I really did not like that book! It had to trudge through it in High School and I never have to trudge through books! Still very nice haul ^^ And Happy Reading/Birthday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you had a great birthday!!! I've heard good things about the Princess Academy! Hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday!! The Princess Academy sounds good! Enjoy all of your new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, Vivian! The Bible is so interesting...it gives all TV soaps a run for their money :) Loved The Scarlet letter when I first read it, but am guessing I'd find it a struggle to get through these days...I fear I've become a 'lazy' reader.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vivi, HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!! <3 I'm sorry that it took me so long to drop by your blog! <3 Wohoo, I hope you had a wonderful day on your birthday! Can't wait to see all the bookish gifts you received on your birthday! <3 *throws confetti*

    Anyway, I've been hearing much about The Scarlet Letter and I can't wait to read what you think of it! Shannon Hale is an excellent author too, I hope you enjoyed the sequel! I have the first book in my shelf but I never have time to read it LOL! Can't wait to read your review of the book though! :)

    Again, have a wonderful birthday, Vivi-dear! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday!!! Hope it was a good one and not like old people moping that they got older and are going to die sometime when they barely looking like that yet! XD

    Anyways, my friend read The Scarlet Letter and he said it's pretty interesting, the cover he read was a lot different and when i saw it, it was a lot different from what i thought it would look! Just saying, cause i thought it would have a better cover. (okay scratch that last sentence) Anyways, I'm not religious or anything, either, so I've never looked through the Holy Bible before. >.< I don't think that's a bad thing but I guess it is, in a way. XD

    Thanks for stopping by! And, yes, SHINee is awesome!!!!!! XDDDDDD

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy (very belated) birthday, Vivian! Hope you had a great day!

    This all looks really good! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy belated birthday! Sorry I didn't stop by earlier! *Throws confetti in fashionably-late fashion* Whoopee!!!!!

    I love how you got a Bible <3 And ohmigosh I didn't even realise Shannon Hale had written a sequel to Princess Academy! Must hurry and finish my copy :)

    Hope you're doing well, Vivi <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh I missed your birthday! Sorry for being INCREDIBLY late - but Happy Birthday! I hope you had a lovely time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I remember liking The Scarlet Letter in high school, but I can't really remember what happens now hahaa. Time to re-read it! Hope you enjoy you haul!
    -heather/bookstacksondeck

    ReplyDelete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!