Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

January 5, 2013

●Challenge● Books-in-a-Series Reading Challenge 2013

This 2013 Reading Challenge is created and hosted by Heather @ BookStacksOnDeck. You can visit the Challenge page here.

My first official reading challenge outside of Goodreads!  I thought that this is such a wonderful idea because I've got so many series that have made me go, "Oooh! I'd love to read this!", add it to my tbr, and then forget about it and never end up reading. -embarrassed smile- The good thing is that this challenge lasts all year long!

That means that since school is starting soon, I most likely won't have time for these in the next couple of months, but I pledge this moment that I will get to them before the year ends -determined face-

There are 4 levels for this challenge (another really nice thing; it's like you can personalize your challenge for a custom fit!), and I have chosen the level....  

"The Obsessive: Choose 16-20+ Books"

Here's a mini brainstorm on some titles that I'd like to read for this challenge (click the titles for Goodreads!)
These are three books that are the first in series that I'd like to read. I can also choose books that aren't the first in series that I've already started reading  ^_^

1. Divergent (Divergent #1) by Veronica Roth 

Edit: Read it! No, I have not read this one yet -hides- But I am now! It's like any other dystopian from the first 3 pages that I read, but lets see what everyone's buzzing about for this one.

2. Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

No, I have not read this one either -continues hiding- Incredibly intrigued by this, this, Daemon guy, however.

3. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #1) by Michelle Hodkin

I am incredibly curious about this one. Not only from the raving reviews it's gotten, but also from the summary. 

The brainstorm will end here for now. I really love the idea of this challenge because it helps give those poor books sitting on my tbr list a chance to be read! Thanks again to the awesome Heather for hosting!

♡ Vivian

12 comments:

  1. Yay for participating in more challenges! It's great to actually do some challenges and cross of those books you wouldn't have off of your TBR if not for the challenge. But Vivian, seriously HOW HAVE YOU NOT READ DIVERGENT?! I say this in the nicest way possible, but girl, seriously! That is one of my favorite books evah. EVAH. You seriously need to get on that book ASAP! But don't worry, I haven't read Obsidian yet either. ;)

    Good luck with this challenge! I hope that you reach your goal. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't regret reading Divergent! It was one of my favorite books from 2012 and it's incredibly well-written. I'm with you when it comes to Obsidian and Mara Dyer; I might read them this year too. Should be fun to compare our opinions ^^

    Good luck with the challenges Viv! I hope you can make it :D

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vivian you picked the perfect series to read! Divergent and The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, I both really enjoyed like crazy! I still have to read Obsidian! Good luck with you challenge and I hope you enjoy reading all of them <3

    Gabby~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you like Divergent - it's great! And I hope you like The Unbecoming more than I did ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Divergent is so good you will love it! I didn't love Mara Dyer but I really liked the sequel (weird, huh?). And Obsidian is one hot read! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry, I haven't read Divergent either! But I plan to read it and Insurgent this year! And Obsidian sounds great too, as does the Mara Dyer books.

    Good luck, Vivian!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read Divergent and Mara too. I read JLA though and loved her books.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys! <3 I just finished Divergent, and it. was. amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wohooo! Divergent was so good as were the others. Loved, loved, loved Obsidian. Oh, my - Daemon Black. 'nuf said!! Heh:) And TUoMD - read it about a month ago and really enjoyed it. The first few chapters were so good, then it kind of stuck at one place and didn't move forward, but then it picked up and it was really good. Kind of creepy. I'm looking forward to reading the second one:) I cannot wait to see what you think of all of them - they're all really good. I hope you post your Divergent review soon and hopefully I won't miss it since it's pretty crazy for me at the moment with all these exams at Uni. Anyway, I hope you enjoy Obsidian and TUoMD as much as you enjoyed Divergent:)

    Siiri @ Little Pieces of Imaginagtion

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, you joined :) And I'm glad you loved Divergent, I'm actually re-reading it now as part of a read-a-long :) I need to try the Lux series, also, hopefully this year :)

    Good luck & happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Divergent is really good, I hope you enjoy it and cant wait to see your thoughts. The unbecoming of mara dyer was trippy (in a good way) i was like what the heck is going on through the whole book lol...good luck on your challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AHHHHHHHHH the Mara Dyer trilogy!! I can't wait to see what you think of it! Actually I can't wait read your reviews on all of these, lol especially what you think of Daemon! ;)

    ReplyDelete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!