Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

January 4, 2013

Feature & Follow Friday #11

Feature & Follow is a Friday meme created and hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read! Answer a feature question, make new friends and gain new followers!

Q: What New Years blogging or writing resolution have you placed on yourself?

Yay for the New Years resolution questions, because I haven't gotten around to writing a resolution post yet for 2013 (bad, Vivi...bad....).

New Year 2013 Resolutions! 
1) Catch up on reviews.
So I am ridiculously behind due to many books read before the school year started and when school started, I just couldn't get those reviews down on paper -sob-. I feel that I owe those authors an apology that I've started so late on the reviews for their books because the thoughts are no longer fresh like my usual reviews.  I will catch up on them after this post! Promise! (Just to give you a sense, reviews include ones for "Unspoken", "Monstrous Beauty", and "Tiger Lily")

2) Frequent my posts.
I realize now that I can afford more than one post per fortnight with all the ready-to-go drafts I've stashed up over the past Summer and Winter breaks, so more reviews, hourray! I might even throw in a meme or two here and there. Even though this blog is still on semi-hiatus with the school year, I'll do my best to keep it a bit more alive than last year with scheduled or automatic posts.

3) Let my writing style mature.
I've got this terrible writing style habit where I use way too many frilly adjectives (I do love my adjectives!!!) which leads to my reviews being as unnecessarily flowery as the purple lolita dress on the left.

My resolution for my writing style would be for it to lose a bit of the frill from that lolita dress (which is nice, but not exactly what I want anymore.)  to maybe something more like the dress on the right. 

It'll still be my descriptive style with lovely adjectives, but...just...not as...overboard, haha! -embarassed smile-

      

That's it for Vivi! 

What are your 2013 resolutions? Link me up and I'll be hopping! 
 ♡ Vivian

8 comments:

  1. Great resolutions! love the pics :)

    old follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/01/feature-and-follow-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to catch up on a few reviews as well! I also can't wait to read your up and coming reviews so I can experience this new writing style! ;D

    Already following this gorgeous blog, of course! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Rachel! I've actually done some transitioning in my reviews already! ^_^ It's like, the more excited I am, the more adjectives I use. "Leviathan" would be the changed style, since I toned it down quite a lot. I won't change too much because then I'll completely lose my style >_< Hope you'll like them!

      Delete
  3. Haha, lovely, comparing your writing-style with dresses :p I do hope that you can be a little more active, since I love reading your reviews! We have a similar taste, so it's always great to see what you think. I definitely can't wait to hear your opinion about Tiger Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, from a new GFC follower.

    Good luck keeping your resolutions this year! :)

    My F&F post: http://coffeecookiesandchilipeppers.blogspot.com/2013/01/feature-follow-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodluck with ur resolutions!!

    New GFC follower :)
    Follow me back below and also check out my New Years Resolutions answers too :)

    "BookShelves Of Dreams"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your posts! For me, what I did was I went on a MAJOR review-writing spree during the summer and got SUPER ahead and I've surprisingly managed to stay that way for a few months so hopefully I can keep it up till the end of the school year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you can post more! School really does cause mayhem when it comes to trying to blog more regularly. i've been doing really well because I'm on winter break (well, when Blogger isn't being lame and not letting me post!!) but when I start school and my new job in about a week, I need to try scheduling more posts on the weekend. :)

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!