Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

January 5, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #8 + Miscellaneous




Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme that features your books haul for the week! It is created and hosted by Tynga @ Tynga's reviews

Hello everyone~! This Stacking the Shelves will be a Happy 2013 + Winter Break Edition. School is also going to restart again for me so this will be my last chance to share some books with all you lovelies ⊙▽⊙

I've gotten two books for Christmas (Thank you, Pat and Mama!) and can't wait to start them along with some great Indigo giftcards (Thank you, Marianne and Alice!). One is out of the YA ordinary, but it comes highly recommended so I am very excited to read it in the near future.

In addition to books, I did some hauling in other areas too 。◕‿◕。 But first up, the books!

 
(Clockwise from bottom right
 Teddy Bear Indigo Gift Card Holder

I quite liked Austenland, the first book, so I'm looking forward to this new heroine's trip to Austenland, even though the Goodreads ratings for both books are really surprising... ಠ_ಠ It's Shannon Hale! In my heart, all her works will be 5 ★s! -stubborn-

We're starting Contemporary Horror in Lit class this term, so I reckon it's about time I get around to this classic vampire book. We've all had our fair share of vampires around here, and I'm not sure yet how my experience with YA vampires will affect my take when reading this one, but I'm willing to find out!

Winter's Tale will be my first outside-of-YA read for 2013, aside from my school books! I've never read anything by this author, but I have read the first couple of pages and I'm definitely intrigued so looking forward to reading more of it!

Now, for some other haul items after the jump! 
-pulls them all out- Tada~!!

(Left to right)
RED (album) by Taylor Swift
Take Me Home (album) by One Direction

Aside from all my classical music and J-Pop, I'm mostly mainstream with my North American music choices. These were some deals I grabbed at hmv on Boxing Day (^v^)

 (Left to right)
Ardene Bow Clips
Ardene Bow Hairbands
Ardene Coloured Scrunchies

If any of you are in Toronto, the Orfus Road Ardene's the best to grab some new accessories! My scrunchies have been disappearing over the year, so I did some stocking up. Which ones do you like best? (⌒▽⌒ゞ

That's it for Vivi! 
Any mutual reads? Link me up with your Stacking the Shelves below in the comments! 

♡ Vivian

20 comments:

  1. Wow, Vivian, you got some fantastic stuff this week! That teddy bear gift card holder is SO adorable! <3 Also, I'm pretty mainstream with my music choices as well, haha. I'm not a big Taylor Swift fan, but I actually really like her Red Albulm! There's some really good and different stuff on there. Also, those accessories are adorable! Which reminds me, I totally need to go accessory shopping soon. ;)

    Lovely haul Vivian! Enjoy all those lovelies. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teehee, thanks! I'm glad that you liked Red too! I'm going to swing by your place now!

      Delete
  2. I also have the Taylor Swift Red album it quite different from the other stuff she had done but its definitely my personal favorite album she has ever done! you also got some awesome books and super cute accessories.

    Great Haul Vivian hope you enjoy and have fun with everything!

    Gabby~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I feel like Red really is a more mature step up with the diversity she's got on it <3 Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  3. Dracula is a classic, of which I have yet to really read. Great haul. T.Swift and 1Direction...love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Viv! I also need to read Dracula one day and I'm planning to read the goose girl by Hale this year! Your accessories are adorable, especially the bow clips :D

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, The Goose Girl was my first Shannon Hale book! I think you'll fall in love with her for sure with that one ^_~ Really looking forward to what you think of it! Speaking of it, I read it when I was quite young...time for a re-read sometime! Thanks for stopping by, Mel!

      Delete
  5. What a happy mailbox this week! Austenland looks great! I might have to check it out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul! I haven't heard of any of these authors so I'm intrigued as to how well they write... I hope you enjoy all! I also love that gift card holder - it's adorable! ^.^ And I also got that One Direction album for Christmas!

    It's a pity school is starting up again soon. Urghhh. :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! Hope you're enjoying the 1D album too ^_^
      and I know right -_-; I cannot believe our break is over already! Ah well! Let's toughen up and start working hard again!

      Delete
  7. Oooh! I've been wanting to read Austenland--I hope you enjoy the sequel. :D Those headbands are adorable. I love little accessories like that. Thanks for stopping by my haul and enjoy everything from yours! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just started the Austenland series. Can't wait to read the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waaaah aweosme books here. I LOVE Dracula, one of my all-time favorite 'classics' and I so approve of the music choices. I LOVE Red (T-Swizzle is my favorite singer EVER!) and One Direction goes without saying (being a Brit myself I can proudly say that Liam actually comes from the same area as me). I'm also a J-Pop fan, though I'm more of a K-Pop fan myself.

    I'm a new follower,

    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to check out that Austenland series. I keep forgetting about it. Enjoy your books!

    My Stack:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2013/01/in-my-mailbox-stacking-shelves-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my STS! I want to check out the Austenland series. I would love to re-read Dracula, I haven't in years. Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh cool hair stuff! I really like the RED album, she out did herself with it I think. I haven't heard of any of those titles, I hope you enjoy every one of them. Oh and that gift card holders? ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have not heard of the three books you have in the photo, but I love the cute teddy bear!!! Give him a squeeze for me!!! And enjoy your books!!!

    New GFC follower :)

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet. Enjoy your new stuff, and happy new year! My Haul

    ReplyDelete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!