Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

January 12, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #9

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme that features your books haul for the week! It is created and hosted by Tynga @ Tynga's reviews

Hello everyone~! This Stacking the Shelves will be a School Lit. Class Edition. When I ended back in school this week, Lit class definitely hit me the hardest, with a total of 7 books (seven!!!) that we had to read in the next two months. -sweat drop- Not that I mind, because although some of the titles intimidate me a tad bit, I'm nonetheless extremely excited to plunge into each and every one of them!

I haven't finished any of them yet, but since these are each surely wonderful literary works worthy of a school lit. class environment, I thought I'd share some of them with y'all, and when I do finish, maybe I'll share my thoughts on my favourite ones.

(Click the covers for Goodreads)

"The Turn of the Screw" by Henry James

This is a horror novel and I'm currently reading it. The writing style of Mr. Henry James is rather difficult to get into, purely because many of his sentences are so long-winded that you lose his thought process so often.

I'm still waiting for it to get scary, and it's been exciting in that anticipatory sense.




"The Metamorphosis" by Franz Kafka

This is going to be an interesting read, since I'm also simultaneously reading Kafka's biography right now. Has anyone read it yet? ^_^

I'm looking forward to it!





"Green Grass, Running Water" by Thomas King

Out of the five books designated for group presentations, this one's for my group! I actually have never heard of this book or its Cherokee author, but it has an aboriginal theme to it.

I've heard that it's fun, humorous, and...strange.... Hmm. Definitely intrigued, especially since we'll be working on it for an assignment.



These titles are exciting for me in a different way, that's for sure, but I'll definitely keep in touch on how they go!

What's been stacked on your shelves this week? Link up in the comments and happy weekend, everyone!

Thanks for reading!
Vivian 

10 comments:

  1. Green Grass, Running Water sounds the most tempting :) I've never read a Henry James novel, although I tried! I read about a sixth of The Bostonians and maybe twenty pages of The American.
    Kafka's been recommended to me, but The Metamorphosis sounds so surreal I decided to decline my friend's offer to borrow her copy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I really liked Metamorphosis. Ahh, high school :)

    Vivian
    Confessions of a Vi3tBabe
    Deity Island

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of them :/ Urghhhh I remember how much I dreaded reading classics for my Eng class in high school.../while I did enjoy some of them, I'm still glad high school's over :) Anyway, hope you enjoy them :) And good luck with school!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard any of these but I hope you enjoy them all as well as your Lit Class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohhh I haven't heard of any of these either but hope you enjoy them! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seven?! Wow! Good luck!! :D

    I've not really heard anything about these but I hope you enjoy all! xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't heard of these, but hope you enjoy
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all new ones to me. I hope you enjoy them all!! Reading a book that you anticipate to be awesome does make the reading process exciting... as long as it turns out to actually be what you expected. It's hard for me to read books when I'm not a huge fan of the writing style, so I give you credit. I hope if you stick with it, it will be all that you hoped... and more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting books this week! I read and enjoyed Metamorphosis, it was a while ago though lol Happy Reading this week =D

    Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't heard of any of these, but I do hope you enjoy them! Good luck in your lit class Vivian!! :D

    Thanks for stopping by my STS as well <3

    Shreya@CCReviews

    ReplyDelete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!