Featured Review:: "Leviathan" by Scott Westerfeld »

February 10, 2013

❈ Happy Lunar New Year! ❈

Happy Lunar New Year, everyone! 
Hope you all have a lucky, healthy, and prosperous 
Year of the Snake!

Sorry for disappearing for so long!!! Right after I post this, I'm going to go back and return all your lovely comments. So I have been getting reading done, but it's all been for school... But! Good news: White Pine 2013 has started again!

For those of you who haven't heard of it, White Pine is the high school level reading program in Ontario ^_^ Each year, 10 selections by Canadian authors are featured and once a student has read 5 out of the 10 books, he/she is eligible to vote for a favourite book that might win the White Pine award.

You can find this year's selection list here and I'll be doing my best to read them all and get back to you guys with reviews so stay tuned!

I'll be letting go of some reviews that have been sitting in my drafts folder for way too long. Once those are up, I'll be working on the following!

To-be-written reviews:
✐ Divergent by Veronica Roth
✐ Insurgent by Veronica Roth
✐ Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan

Thanks for dropping by and wishing you all again a fantastic Chinese New Year!
❤Vivian

P.S. I have been getting a LOT of terrible spam from this mysterious "Anonymous" person, so I have turned on word verification as well as comment moderation for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience! 

10 comments:

  1. Happy Chinese New Year!! :D *high five for Chinese-ness* ;P

    I still haven't read the Divergent series but I really must get round to reading them :/ Will be looking out for your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teehee *high five back* thank you <3
      and ohgosh, Laura, you HAAAAVE to read Divergent sometime soon, okay? okay?

      Delete
  2. Happy Chinese New Year!!!
    This is my year :) I was born under the Snake according to the Chinese Horoscope.

    Have a wonderful time and Happy reading :)
    BTW! I can't wait to read your review of Divergent

    Ruty@Reading...Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Chinese New Year Viv!! That 2013 may be a wonderful year for you, filled with luck, happiness and a lot of great books <3 I can't wait to see your review of Divergent! I haven't heard of White Pine before, but it sounds like fun! Happy reading :D

    And I was so happy to see your comments popping up ^^!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!
    Gosh, anonymous is clogging up my spam folder, thankfully only one or two of their comments have managed to get through the filter. Look forward to your Divergent reviews...book three's out 22nd October, a little too early for me to be excited, but I'm already 'waiting on' it...well not as a feature, I totally forgot to do a WoW post today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Chinese New Year! White Pine sounds like a great idea! And yay, you've read Divergent - I can't wait for your review! :D

    And I've been getting a lot of those spam comments too! :'(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am late, but Happy New Year! Hope you have brilliant one filled with awesomeness and books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Chinese New Year!! and i cant wait to read what you think of Divergent! Even though I haven't started it yet!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a little bit late....but Happy Chinese New Year! :D And I know what you mean! I've just suddenly started getting a whole buttload of Spam comments as well. >.<

    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vivi!! <3 Aaaaah I missseed you a lot, dearie! :') I know that this is very late, but Happy Belated Chinese New Year for you too as well! I hope you had a great time during the holiday! And Divergent is absolutely amazing - can't wait to read your reviews and compare notes! ;)

    I've checked the list of White Pine read, and they all sound amazing! I've always wanted to read The Way We Fall and Getting Over Garrett Delaney. I hope all of them are as amazing as they sound. :) Hoping to see you around soon, sweetie! <3

    ReplyDelete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!!!